Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my corn snake for about three weeks now, he is 14" long and devours the pinkie i give him every 5 days.

I was wondering if i should try to give him another pinkie aswell after he has eaten the first or to keep him on just one pinkie till he is older?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I think you should try him with another one yes, but drop his feeding time to once a week. See how he goes with that for a while then maybe up him to a fuzzy. I have a corn 2 inch bigger than yours and I did it this way. Worked for me. :D

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
14 inches? mine are about that, maybe a bit longer and they devour 3 pinkies with no problems.
One will even go for a fuzzy now and then.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to let you know my anery corn has just devoured(sp) 2 lagre pinkies :eek: , im suprissed i got a better feeding responce from him :) .......usually he has a sniff of the pinkie goes to the head and just eats it :( .............But this time he struck at the first one :lol: (cuaght me by suprise) and eat that and he did the same on the second. I'm so proud, my boy or girl is growing up :D

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
i would keep him on every 5 days, until he/she is about 6 months of taking 2 fuzzies, this will allow them to put the weight on and grow,

all of my corns have ben done this way and all are healthy and are not over weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts