Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been trying to decide which monitor species to get. I really like both species I know kimberlies cost more but price really isn't an issue. so I guess it really just comes down to temperament. I hear ackies can be pretty tame once they get to know you and gain your trust. Is this similar with kimberlies, I havent heard much about how they are on average (i know every one has a different personality). Can they be as tame as an ackie or are they one of those lizards that are just better as "display animals".

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have no real experience with either but have been contemplating an Odatria species of some form for a while. Personally I'd be looking at pilbarensis, storri or gilleni. Out of the two you are thinking about I would choose the Kims. My only real reasons being that they are a much better looking lizard, there aren't hundreds of them around and they just seem to be a bit more interesting in general. I don't really have anything else to go by.

I would question Kims being more expensive. I think red ackies are more expensive than Kims but yellows are much cheaper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While kims could be a little more interesting I think they both look pretty good. How do they handle tho compared to an ackie or is it about the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts