Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 25 years old and im sat here thinking what have I done with my life, since leaving school all i have been is a mum, im bored
my youngest starts full time school next week woohoo so that leaves the questions
1.do i go out and get a job I will hate
2.do I go to college and do the animal care diploma I have wanted to do for the last 8 years, im I too old for college?
3.sit at home do nothing and get more depressed

I'm sorry for the post im feeling sorry for my self

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Hi Kerrie :)
It sounds to me like you already know what you want to do and just need some reassurance. Its clear from your post that you want to do your diploma and you shouldnt let age stop you, you're still young yet! Also at 25 you qualify as a mature student so it is easier to get in (dont need the same A levels/GCSEs) and you may be able to get help looking after your kid/s.

Starting a course will be difficult at first, it is for everyone believe me! BUT it will be so worth it in the long run and you'll have a great sense of achievement when you come out of it with your diploma.
Go for it hun!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I think you should become an astronaut :lol: :lol:

Nah follow your dreams.. im finally thinking of doing that now..

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Kerrie, it's a very personal choice, I think you should not just sit on your arse if that's amking you depressed.

When you say: 'do I get a job that I'll hate ?' that's a bit of a negative thought, there are hundreds of jobs out there that could fulfill your life and bring you a bit of pride and satisfaction.

By the looks of it, you'd like to work with animals, so there are so many opportunities out there from working in a pet shop, in a zoo, be a carer, work in a rescue centre such as Battersea Dog Home, etc.

I tried to do soemthing similar not long ago, but since I'm the main source of income of my family, I could not afford to leave my current job. However, in your case, it could be a great re-start of life.

As to 25 yo being old to go to college, that's rubbish, you're still very young and even if you spend 3 or 4 years till you graduate, you will still be at a young age. I know of people who went to university at the age of 40 yo, just because all of a sudden they decided they wanted to be a lawyer or an engineer.

I graduated from Uni at the age of 26 yo, but if I had graduated at the age of 30 or 35, probably would not have made a lot of difference.

The most important in your life is to have goals, and find motivation from somewhere to conquer them. Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Never to late in my opinion. I graduated in 1997 at the age of 22 then went back to do another degree and graduated last year at the age of 30!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
andyj5447 said:
yes NNY but working with Willy Wonka at his factory doesnt count! :lol:
Oh :cry: :lol: Nah... but I was never sure what I wanted to do and then when I was sure didn't think about doing anything about it.... going to start doing home courses and weekend courses now to get somewhere.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
my dad went back to college at 30 and became a radio engineer

go do your diploma hunni

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i went but the course is full she said reapply in december to have chance of a place for next september

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Could you combine the two things?, get a job you would enjoy in an animal shelter or vets and do the diploma part time.

Some companies will also fund the course if it's relevant to the job, so you could be paid to study and work some where nice.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey Hun,

I'm in exactly the same position as u, I'm 24 and my kids are 2 and 3. I'm going to college in September to do an access course so nxt yr I can go to Uni to do Midwifery.

It's something I've always wanted to do and I'm so glad that I'm actually doing it now.

Sign up for next September, get a job in the mean time to keep yourself occupied, and then do it before it really is too late. 25/26 or even a bit older is no age these days, but you don't wanna put it off forever and then not actually get around to it coz u'll regret it.

Take care Babe and good luck,

Cand x :D

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Cand & Kerrie, go for it, next september you'll still be very young.

Can you imagine if you happen to live till over 100 years as more and more people seem to live these days, you'll look back and think you were stupid to think 25 yo is old.

That's the beauty of life, you can do biology now, if you don't like you can be a dentist at the age of 40, and arquitect at the age of 50 ... who cares :wink:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah bleeding hell woman go do a course.. if you got the time and you don't need a job why bother :lol: ....

Education i sthe way forward.. you never know you might end up running your own animal business off the back of it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Good on ya Kerrie, I started last Monday and its FABBY!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts