Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how often should my frilly shed? and how long should the shed take?

hes doing it now for the first time (since iv had him anyway) hes only around 3/4mth old

·
Registered
914 Posts
I don't know, but please don't shred your frilly! :lol2:

With my experience, around a week, but each lizard varies.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Don't worry, my beardie has taken 3 weeks to complete a shed before!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's it's humidity like? I think a few people are surprised that they actually need quite high humidity.
yeah i know, i try to keep it at 50-65% but it drops quite easily so will sometimes drop to 45% but this would only be for a very short amount of time because i mist twice a day

·
Registered
805 Posts
hm interesting, either hes done it backwards or he had started shedding before i got him and just a slow shedder so there was no noticeable bits

As long as they don't get any stuck shed, (I always have to keep an eye on the tails of two of my guys) then all should be ok, you can always buy some shed-aid to help them along with any difficult stuff.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the only problem is he is still quite skittish so its rather hard to pick him up and inspect him lol.. from what i can see there is no shed left over on him (few littles bits on the frill)

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'd imagine it takes a while for the frill to shed, I'd leave him to it unless it becomes obvious. The good thing about shed-aid is that it's a spray...helps when you have a lizard like my cham who hates the world. I can squirt him from a distance haha!

Think I'm going to have a look at some frillies for sales...the more I look at them the more I realise what fantastic looking lizards they are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.