Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a couple of pics of our siamese and our bengal

And javas coat it

its not toatally cleared up yet as hes only 6months old so his coat will be fully developed when hes about a year old

hope you like

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I've been told that siamese cats can be very territorial and quite aggressive towards anyone that's not their owner, yours looks very content, I was just wondering whether there's any truth in what I've been told? Or is yours a softie?

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been bought up with siamese and we have owned several over the years and ive never seem anything like this but a friend of mine had 2 are they were evil, mind you they werent the best bred or best cared for so im not suprised really.

Naaa "little alan" is a communial cat he will go and cuddle up with anyone lol and hes not really that vocal unless you open the cat treat jar lol

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Siamese can be territorial and when they fight, they fight dirty, which is why they are often targetted by people into dog fighting, cos a Siamese will stand his ground and fight a dog and 'toughen' him up for fighting - horrible thought! :sick: :sick: :sick:

They are very like dogs in their nature - they can choose one owner and give that owner everything, rather like some breeds of dogs, but in general they just like attention. Any kind of attention, even bad attention (like being told off) they seem to thrive on. And if they aren't getting it, they'll follow you around and yell at you until they do, so they aren't the right cat for someone who just wants a cat that'll sit on the sofa and look pretty! No way!

My Siamese used to be a PAT cat (Pets as Therapy) and went into mental health day care centres, old people's homes and with me when I gave talks to health groups and WIs and she would go anywhere and sit on anyone's knee as long as she was getting attention!

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool alan seems to be quite a communial cat really and i bought him for my husband as an anniversary prezzie and i also though that he would be a one person cat but he seems very chilled lol

Thats cool my husband is a mental health nurse and he also does relief at an old peoples home just over the road from us and we frequently take ruby and cats in to see the old people and the animals are very well behaved. Hopefully when murphy the pup is older he can visit them too

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Awwww beautiful cats 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts