Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does any1 know this! my aunty heard an advert on signal 1 a few weeks ago for a petstore that has meerkats in sandbach, anyone know what it's called?! xx

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A petshop in Liverpool had a meerkat and for some reason the RSPCA took it!
It wasn't mistreated and seemed in perfectly good health so I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it....
If you find it warn them to be careful as it could be a lot of money down the drain if the RSPCA take them, £750 a pop isn't cheap!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
its appleton exotics and they have another shop in wigan ,the wigan shop is very good ,sandbach not been open long if its meercats best to phone them as i know they dont always keep them at the shops just google them and they have a website ,

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
no idea, I know the new one In notts (new world exotics) has some instore.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It wasn't mistreated and seemed in perfectly good health so I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it....
If you find it warn them to be careful as it could be a lot of money down the drain if the RSPCA take them, £750 a pop isn't cheap!!!
The RSPCA wont just take away all meerkats in petshops, most likely they werent being kept correctly as lots of petshops seem to be getting more and more exotic mammals and there are always going to be ones that dont know how to look after them.
stu

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The RSPCA can not forcibly take anything away. They are not a law enforcement agency just a charity with exactly the same powers as the guy that stands on the street corner selling poppies.
They will give the impression of being in a lawful position (the pillock that turned up here a few years ago said he was the fourth emergency service lol) but only the police can forcibly remove your animals.

Natrix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts