Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i leave the heat matt on over night for my agama?
i know i turn hs uv off but i'm not too sure about his heat matt :blush:

thanks a lot
x

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that room temp would be ok for over night becasue the temp drops n the wild...I'm just not sure tho D=

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
yeah they're lizards, when you see the temperatures they need they're not set in stone, they'll be average temperatures... there's no central heating or heat mats in the wild so when they say x temperature its an average temperature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i would like to know also as im thinkign bout getting a berdie. i woulr recon that it dosent matter so much as the temprature in the wild fluxuates so much. i think when i get mine i'll have under tank heating but turn it right down so there is still warmth but not blistering hot.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
i would like to know also as im thinkign bout getting a berdie. i woulr recon that it dosent matter so much as the temprature in the wild fluxuates so much. i think when i get mine i'll have under tank heating but turn it right down so there is still warmth but not blistering hot.

beardies don't feel heat from their stomach, they're sunworshippers and take the heat in from above. The only time people recommend a heat mat for a beardie is if your house is like an iceberg at night in winter just to raise the temp to around 60f

1 - 8 of 8 Posts