Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has heard silly myths about escaped snakes growing to enormous sizes and getting up to all kinds of mischief, so lets post some of those nutty anecdotes.

The other day i was talking with my mother about getting a snake and a bloke who was round fixing her computer says to her that he heard a story about a snake escaping in the night and when the snakes owner woke up the snake was actualy laid next to her in bed... and the compuerman surmised that the snake must have been measureing the woman in order to determine whetehr it could swallow her.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
god i've heard that one so many time LOL

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
thats like the oldest one ever:lol2:

another good one is if you run out of mint sause then drop snake poo and a polo into a jar of water and it tastes just like mint suase....not true but it dont taste bad actually: victory:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I hate, 'It will grow to the size of the enclosure, so it's fine.' Idiots.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
but what if the actual speices of snake they have is in the enclosure thats reconmended for it for life?
I mean when you question someone about enclosure size. Obviously if it is too small. They respond with that. It's annoying.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Brazilian Rainbow Boas are venomous

Also remember reading a story where the police went into a house in Manchester and found a Boa that was "like a rolled up carpet". It was 18ft long supposedly

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yeah, I get the whole "venemous python" every day...

I always like "Does it bite?"- always a hard one to answer, but generally goes...

"It won't bite me, but it most probably would bite you."

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
"Margret, call the police hes got it out again in the bushes"

hate that one:bash:

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
i duno, but this sounds like of bull ...
my fiancees cuz has a mate who bought a 2 year old boa in march from a local shop one day! lovely snake, just got better from an RI

well he was 6ft.... now hes apparently 12ft and growing!
and when he feeds it rabbits it spits out the bones! :bash:
and he said he cleans them up and uses them as paper weights!!!!

he could be handling his boa after food perhaps, but that doesnt sound normal OR right lol

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
i duno, but this sounds like of bull ...
my fiancees cuz has a mate who bought a 2 year old boa in march from a local shop one day! lovely snake, just got better from an RI

well he was 6ft.... now hes apparently 12ft and growing!
and when he feeds it rabbits it spits out the bones! :bash:
and he said he cleans them up and uses them as paper weights!!!!

he could be handling his boa after food perhaps, but that doesnt sound normal OR right lol
Thats not bull at all...nothing in that post sounded wrong at all: victory:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts