Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 4, 5 month old silver spotted Bengal kittens looking for homes at the moment. These are real beauties and are being sold at only £300. Our usual price for kittens of this quality is £500-£1,200. One of the girls has been shown already and made 4th best Bengal Kitten out of 41 kittens!
I am running out of space as new litters arriving.

All kittens are fully vaccinated, registered, microchipped and have 6 weeks free insurance.

www.softspotbengals.co.uk for pics

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
These are real beauties, is the world finace thing having that much impact?
Personally I think you're asking too much for 5 month old kittens - if people have that kind of money to spend on a pedigree cat, they're more likely to go for a 3 month old kitten, which they can get for that price anyway.

Also £500 for a pedigree kitten is a little high. Bengals are by no means now as rare as they were when they were selling for £1000 and maybe this is why you haven't sold them in the first place, if they are such promising kittens?

·
Registered
96 Posts
we where lookin for a female benal but cost to much and so we got a norweigan forest cat for only 80. people have just not the cash with christmas comin up. shame as would love one. surley you would rather good homes then amount off money they can affored as just not the kitten its the vet bills on top

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
Wow Levy were did you get such a cheap Norwegian from.I paid £300 for my Mainecoon, in fact I think £300 is about average for a registered, vaccinated pedigree cat, except my Sphynx which is costing me £700:whistling2:

·
Registered
203 Posts
-smiles-
my cat was freee :>
LOL idk what it is tho
its just a cat.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
Wow Levy were did you get such a cheap Norwegian from.I paid £300 for my Mainecoon, in fact I think £300 is about average for a registered, vaccinated pedigree cat, except my Sphynx which is costing me £700:whistling2:

Norwegian forest local to us going for £80 atm. Presuming it doesn't have papers etc though.

Gorgeous kittens to the OP.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Personally I think you're asking too much for 5 month old kittens - if people have that kind of money to spend on a pedigree cat, they're more likely to go for a 3 month old kitten, which they can get for that price anyway.

Also £500 for a pedigree kitten is a little high. Bengals are by no means now as rare as they were when they were selling for £1000 and maybe this is why you haven't sold them in the first place, if they are such promising kittens?
Normal brown or snow spot/marble Bengals might not be, but the silver bengals are rarer here, I thought they were a fairly recent introduction and not that many breeders are carrying silver lines.

Very nice kitties - think £300 is a very reasonable price - we paid more than that each for our two brown spotted boys although they were 12/13 weeks old when we picked them up.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Possibly from a breeder like me who was always more concerned with the home than the money. £300 is about average for a pedigree kitten nowadays and it's what I would probably be charging for mine if I was still breeding, but if the right home came along and the buyer hadn't that money I would reduce the price accordingly and I always knocked a lumper off if they bought 2 at once, or came back to me for a second kitten.
Very nice kitties - think £300 is a very reasonable price - we paid more than that each for our two brown spotted boys although they were 12/13 weeks old when we picked them up.
But 13 weeks is the minimum age that you can buy a pedigree kitten, so that is the price you would pay. The older they get, normally the cheaper they get as breeders need to sell them on to make space for new litters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts