Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size food do I need to order for my baby beardies when they hatch and where do you recommend getting them from that is cheap and reliable and must take visa electron card payments!
thanks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any ideas on how many I will need a week with 12 babies?

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
about 1000, they need feeding twice daily and eat about 20 crickets each:)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
about 1000, they need feeding twice daily and eat about 20 crickets each:)
what, 20 crickets twice a day or 10 crickets twice a day???
also how old do they need to be when you start feeding them?

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
about 20 - 30 a day sometimes more!! they will start feeding at 4 - 5 days old, but some may take it sooner and some later.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
about 20 - 30 a day sometimes more!! they will start feeding at 4 - 5 days old, but some may take it sooner and some later.
that's great thanks for the help.
I've placed an order with ricks livefood to do it on recurring standing order every week.
I've ordered 1000 small crickets and then my large locusts for my adults and I'll make the first payment on monday next week so hopefully they wont hatch until the food is here ready but if they do and it isn't here in time then I'll just have to go to the local shop and buy enough to last until it arrives, thanks!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Personally I'd forget about the standing order and place orders as and when you need them; you may find that yours are particularly hungry one week, then might be quieter the next.

With regards to numbers, I've seen babies eat over 70 crickets each per day; if your are anywhere near that, you would be looking at over 500 per day...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personally I'd forget about the standing order and place orders as and when you need them; you may find that yours are particularly hungry one week, then might be quieter the next.

With regards to numbers, I've seen babies eat over 70 crickets each per day; if your are anywhere near that, you would be looking at over 500 per day...
ok, well I'll keep the standing order going anyway as I've ordered my normal stuff aswell and if I need to get more one week last minute I'll just get them from the local shop and if some get wasted then I'm not bothered as long as I've got enough in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts