Reptile Forums banner
325 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wilkinss77 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm looking to get a new reptile. I've kept Leos for most of my life, but would like something a bit bigger, but not massive. Something that would be happy in a 3-4ft tank would be ideal. I'd like something handleable and personable. Currently, I've been looking at either a Blue Tongued Skink or a Ball Python, but am open to suggestions. Any thoughts/insights? Many thanks!

#2 ·
Comparing apples to oranges....Never kept a blue tongue, but kept Royal pythons for 30 years... If you want a snake that is active when you're awake, interacts with you, and is not too demanding when it comes to feeding then don't get a Royal.

Which one you opt for is going to be down to your personal preferences. Either way, do plenty of research on whatever species you end up deciding on before purchase.

#3 ·
The BTS will be more active & more interactive with you. It will be out during the day, & will eat a variety of foods. The royal python will easier to handle without taming it, but is nocturnal & will eat only rodents. Plus it might fast for long periods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.