·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remember this?

"gimme 5 mum!"

well, she grew and grew

and now she is HUGE !

if you DON'T want to see an awful lot of pics of a very cute skunk, turnover now... if you have dial up.. go and make a cuppa tea whilst they all load!!!

i'm just still so in love with her.. :wub:

yeah, ok, so i AM a dappy mare... do i care? nah... with cuddles like this to be had.. i can be daft as a brush and happy with it!

anyway, scuse the token human in the pics.. it was late last night i took these ok!!

foot massage... for her.. not me!

(more to come... lots more in fact!)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
from the back... this is my tail, d'ya like it?

me front footsies... these are dead good for digging (up the carpet)

tail again... and trying to vanish!

this, is my fat back foot... how cute!

eh mum, which pics shall we do next?? quick discussion needed..

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah, well, this is my bed at the moment... daddy kindly donated some old jumpers, and the cat dontated a fleece.. and i bundle them up in the bottom of the spare wardrobe...

comfy in here it is!

now, i am sure i saw a nice blanket here somewhere.. is it up here?

or under there maybe?

or even hiding behind here?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah huh! this is the one!

now if i can just pull this bit up a bit..

and then this side too..

opps, missed a bit!

i am sure i could bundle it up and sneak it back to bed without mum looking!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
glad to see to see she is looking so healthy, a much loved member of the family. mine is 3 now, seems like just yesterday she was asleep in my pocket

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gis a cuddle then mum.. (maybe she won't notice i stole the blanket!)

all that thievery.. time for a quick rest...

not you mum!!! ME !!

oy! mum! wake up!

i have an itch you know?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yes, very very very much loved!

when i get skritched... my back leg goes mad, like a dogs would!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
last few...

i want to come back as a mole!

have you finished with that dratted camera yet mum?

:tongue: *ner ner neeeer ner ner neeeer*

thats all folks! thanks for looking, and bearing with me, those on dial up!

Nerys

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Awwwww,,,,, I love her!!!!

Wish you hadn't had so many people already looking at the Exeter show, I wanted a cuddle but Barry made me leave!!!

Emma xXx

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skunks do a lot of digging in the wild, hence the claws.. they are not sharp like a cats, but more solid like a dogs.. they will leave a mark, but not a line of blood if that makes sense :) she does get them trimmed up though :)

as long as it all goes ahead again, then she will be at Exeter again i am sure.. maybe even with a boyfriend if i am lucky.. last i heard.. keep the 3rd weekend in august free (unconfirmed tho..)

in theory she should breed this spring, we shall see.. female skunks are induced ovulators and either need to be breed or spayed.. leaving them in heat can cause their death :( i am told i will know once she comes into season, as their personality changes during it! (typical woman then :) )

N

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, there are a few in the uk, quite a few in the EU and lots in the USA :)

she has been de-scented..

its a far smaller operation than cutting a dogs danglies off, or removing a cats womb.. takes a few moments and causes no knock on effects that we know of.. and when you see just how much they take to domestic life, its well worth it..

i need a tame phd student to investigate more tho.. i would like to know what makes the scent, and what happens when you take the gland away..

if we could gather enough evidence, then it would be worth taking to the RCVS (who currently frown on "invasive" treatments to adapt an animal to human life - of course. ripping out a womb, or lopping of nads.. is for the animals good, so its ok to be invasive there *mutters rude words* its not for the dogs benefit you chop its balls off, its for the humans who live in the same world as it... but anyway..)

N

·
Registered
201 Posts
she is absolutely georgouse you are very clearly a devoted and loving mother. what does she eat and what they like for "potty training" something i have always wanted as a pet but information on keeoing them very scarce.

·
Registered
368 Posts
She looks like my ferret, same family i know!!
I cut the claws regurly, mine live outside in a big enclosure where they can dig etc, so they ware them down..
Lovely pics...

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
wow well nice. how much do they go for? is that albino yeh?

·
Registered
188 Posts
getting a skunk

after my partner saw your picks {shipo} we are now getting all the info we can on keeping a skunk as a pet on the idea of getting one in future. where would we start looking for a repetable seller though

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Looking cute as ever. :wink:

My Daughter never shuts up about skunk, even a trip to porton she thought that the ferrets they had where babys of the skunk, You know dad the skunk who lives with the woman with all those snakes. :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts