Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When we first got Skye - at 11 months old - he was frightened of water. the first time I tried to get him to cross a ford he wouldn't because the water was about 6" deep! :roll:

Time and patience (and his obsession about balls) has encouraged him to realise that water is fun - to be honest I don't think wherever he was before we got him that he actually had any fun, because he didn't seem to know how to play! :sad:

Anyway, when my granddaughters were down here on holiday in July, with the aid of his ball we managed to get him to go into a pond, but you can see he's not swimming very comfortably when he swims back to land.

YouTube - Skye swimming July 2

However, a few days later and he's swimming in a river looking far more relaxed and finally looking like he's really enjoying it.

YouTube - Skye - much more confident swimming now

Of course his obsession with the hosepipe hasn't dimmed (unfortunately he does seem to be a dog who obsesses about some things) and here he is when we got back from our walk on a really hot August day. Black dogs do suffer in the hot sun, so this is the quickest way to try and cool him down! :lol2:

YouTube - Skye August '10 3

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Awwwwwrh, he's so cute! :) It's great he has lots of fun now!

·
Registered
10,366 Posts
:lol2: I love the one with the hose! what a handsome dog.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
You don't need to tempt me with more videos, I am already a skye fan but keep em coming. What a lovely boy. Great vids too :)

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
He really does seem to like it now, and look at him 'catching' the water from the hosepipe :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts