Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new hatchling cornsnake is sleeping and has been for the majority of the last week..... why???

·
Registered
100 Posts
He/she is probably just settling in. Corns are crepuscular meaning they are most active around dusk and dawn so you may have just missed seeing him/her.

Another reason could be that he/she is getting ready to shed and they feel more vulnerable around this time and therefore hide away more.

Also if you fed him/her he/she could just be hiding away digesting his/her meal.

As long as your temps are right and he/she looks healthy and is reacting to you when you check on him/her then I'm sure he/she will be fine.

Hope that helps,

Best wishes,

·
Registered
259 Posts
How do you know its asleep? Snakes do tend to spend alot of time inactive and then venture out at night when it is dark. I don't know how you know a snakes asleep as they don't have eyelids to close.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
yeah. how do you know it asleep.

I do awake in my bed sometimes. reading a book, thinking, watching tv...and do something with my partner... sorry.

·
Registered
259 Posts

I do awake in my bed sometimes. reading a book, thinking, watching tv...and do something with my partner... sorry.
I think you got a bit side-tracked there *o*, lol!:blush:

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
I think you got a bit side-tracked there *o*, lol!:blush:
Sorry I romped a bit...:lol2:

Well.. I don't know how long snakes sleep. but I notice some of my snake asleep.

here it is.
I am sure she WAS sleeping then or drunk.. :lol2:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oh bless, it must have been a long night, :lol2:

·
Registered
419 Posts

ah! another i spy buff :whistling2:. how are you Cupcake? i wouldn't worry too much about your corn, my corns try to frighten me by going all quiet sometimes. she will be out and about when it suits her :devil:. i notice you cought up with me on another forum, that one has went very quiet for a while now.
by the way *0* if i found one of my snakes like that it would frighten the s**t out of me :lol2:

Sorry yak82 for some reason i thought it was Cupcake's thread, to late at night i suppose.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey there, yeah I think seeing my snake like that would have the same sort of effect!

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
my mum sleeps with opening the eyes on a sofa.
when I watch it, then she says "what are you looking at?!"

she was sleeping and seems she can see...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
My corn slumps his head, it's quite funny as he looks really fed up when doing it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts