Reptile Forums banner

Snails with my Crestie?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  elishacoombes9 
#1 ·
My friend has some garden snails she is looking to re-home. They are the off-spring of some snails she collected several years ago, so they are clean and mite-free. I was wondering if it would be okay to add them to my crestie's vivarium? It has an established clean-up crew (springtails and darkling beetles) so I'm pretty confident Fig wouldn't be bothered by the addition, but I wanted to make sure they would be safe with him. He's been hand fed his whole life, and (much to my dismay) refuses to eat insects so I don't believe he would try to eat them or anything, and I of course would feed the snails their own fruits and veggies and cuttlebone and whatnot.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I wouldn’t. They become an absolute nightmare and breed like mad. And obviously can’t say he’d enjoy them being everywhere and on him. We had a problem with slugs back along and snails and had to re do the viv. And Crestie did try eating them. They’re not great to have in there in My opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.