Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to get proper snake bags from? im looking for a few sizes but i havent found anything reasonable to replace my old ones which are almost knackered

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried my locals and they dont have anything all stock comes in those woven plastic bags which are to small and dont last 5mins

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the burm escapes from pillow cases like houdini lol he just pops the seems open i had so really good bags but their ancient now and never failed to do the job theirs loads for sale in america

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
the burm escapes from pillow cases like houdini lol he just pops the seems open i had so really good bags but their ancient now and never failed to do the job theirs loads for sale in america
i have never seen one of them to be honest :blush::lol2: i have only seen pillow cases and woven bags used. will have a look...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome i got mine from a local breeder over 10 years ago their seems to be a distinct lack of snake bags on the market :lol2:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
weird aint it ill just have to make some i guess coz pillow cases dont last long

·
Registered
859 Posts
I use pillow cases and duvet covers.All i do is get my wife to run around them with the sewing machine a couple of times to make sure that there is no way of escaping: victory:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but pillow cases arent big or strong enough for a burm and trying to convince him into a rub or something is virtually impossible

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
i dont like the woven ones, i think they are too rough, and if the snake moves backwards it gets under the scales. i prefer pillow cases, thats what i always use anyway. :2thumb:
pillow cases are great, but for hots they wont protect you at all. midwestherp do some good ones, difficulty is finding them in the uk. i have been told you can get them at reptile expos

Alex

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
pillow cases are great, but for hots they wont protect you at all. midwestherp do some good ones, difficulty is finding them in the uk. i have been told you can get them at reptile expos

Alex
Ive seen them, and they are suppose to be "Bite Proof Bags" but crikey i wouldnt like to see if thats the case..

When working with Venomous, ive heard the Midwest Pro Baggers are great

·
Registered
347 Posts
a pillowcase :S

·
Registered
9,187 Posts

Alex
ye but in this case its a burm, so it doesnt really matter if it protects you from hots or not.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
Ive seen them, and they are suppose to be "Bite Proof Bags" but crikey i wouldnt like to see if thats the case..

When working with Venomous, ive heard the Midwest Pro Baggers are great
yea, probaggers are good. but the bags you can buy seperately and they are very useful - used them and will continue using them if im out on a hike somewhere - not realyl herping. in belize you never know what you will find so its always useful to have a hook and some bags with you just in case

Alex

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bite proof would be good the carpets had me a few times through a bag grumpy :censor: i guess ill just have to dig the sowing machine out :whistling2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts