Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys, I bought a snake blind (bought without seeing it), it has come with viv and its in a bit of a state, so wont be using that, I havent seen it yet as it was delieverd to my sisters, who will be looking after until I can collect. Basically viv is in shite state and the snake is dirty and smells.
:evil:

Need to know if she baths it could a bit of shower gel be used, never had to wash any of my snakes, so what do you suggest?.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I would just try and clean it up with warm water and a cloth. Using a flannel or something with a slightly rough surface should get it off with a bit of work.

Poor snake :(

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PendleHog said:
I would just try and clean it up with warm water and a cloth. Using a flannel or something with a slightly rough surface should get it off with a bit of work.

Poor snake :(
Thanks pendle, I will have to collect sooner I think, as I will take to vets for a once over, I am still waiting on pics from my sis, but by her wording I am not impressed.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Ask her to go and get some "Dove" soap.

This is the only truly PH neutral soap that i know of, as a result it is perfect.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
mate thats wrong :( at least the poor thing will have the best of care with you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
reticulatus said:
Ask her to go and get some "Dove" soap.

This is the only truly PH neutral soap that i know of, as a result it is perfect.
Oooh, I remember doing a scientific test on dove and finding it not to be so, there was some big logical explanation behind it but I can't remember it now. I do remember being mad enough to want to write to the company and show them the significance of the results though... :D

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Our water isn't exactly PH7, and when the soup and water become a solution the PH would probably tilt slightly, but nothing major. Probably slightly to the acidic side.
As said before, I would just bathe in warn water and maybe leave the snake in a container for a while with a damp towel.
I do hope you didn't pay to much for the snake :eek:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i just want to let everyone know that i have bathed him in just warm water which has took away the terrible smell still looks a little dirty but i have him in a new set up with some damp moss, so hopefully this may help.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great! When you get a chance check to see if he has mites, and if he has any cuts or sores put him in a bucket of water with a capful of savlon in it.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
robnissmith said:
Our water isn't exactly PH7, and when the soup and water become a solution the PH would probably tilt slightly, but nothing major. Probably slightly to the acidic side.
IIRC that is why the dove is neutral, which is why the post above yours states it isnt.

The combination of the soap and water makes a neutral solution.

P.S.
The part of your quote is my favourite typo of the day :lol:

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Soup? God knows how I managed to write that.
My mates mate is a chemist. She says I'm almost right so na-na :p :D:D lol.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does have a lump which will need looking at, but does seem to be free from mites, will be going to vets asap, also looks like tip of tail has not been shed properly and looking at pics has probably had a couple of crap sheds.

Feeding wise, apparantly 2 small Weaner rats, slightly bigger than fuzzy mice every 4 weeks, just dont understand the mentality of some.

If you can post pics sis, may help spot something else.

Also the viv he has come with I will be putting available for free as someone may be able to tidy up, its mahoghony and does need a good going over.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

will try not sure how to do it lol

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
how do you make pics bigger :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

will try to make pic bigger if i can figure it out lol