Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
There are courses in vertabrate zoology that have a relatively comprehensive herpetology section but as far as I'm aware there is no recognised herpetology degree.

Magick sqeak on here is doing a pretty interesting looking course. She might be worth a PM : victory:

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
dose any one know where i can do a snake course in the uk?:2thumb:
right here!

sit back - learn - argue - learn - argue - cry - rant - argue - learn - argue...
only on a full moon sunday are you pemitted to laugh

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh, I dunno, there's a fair bit of laughter here. Certainly I'm enjoying it, and learning a bundle more than I was - my previous forums were all America-based, which wasn't so useful in many cases.

·
Registered
10,626 Posts
There are courses in vertabrate zoology that have a relatively comprehensive herpetology section but as far as I'm aware there is no recognised herpetology degree.

Magick sqeak on here is doing a pretty interesting looking course. She might be worth a PM : victory:
Only Bangor's zoology degree offers a herpetology module, and at that level it is concerned more with evolution, genetics, ecology etc rather than general interest and husbandry.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
There is a herp course in leeds but its not all about snakes there just a module on snakes, you can do it by ebook yaself at home or go somewhere to learn, as for it counting as a degree i dont know if it does, i think it probably wouldn't really give you any benifits i.e to get a job in herp or anything i think its just to extend your knowledge but like a few people have said you may aswel spend £50 on good books and build up your knowledge that way as the course ive just talked about is 200-300 quid which i thinks abit expensive

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Only Bangor's zoology degree offers a herpetology module, and at that level it is concerned more with evolution, genetics, ecology etc rather than general interest and husbandry.
I was looking into a home study course from Durham uni entitled "vertebrate zoology" and this had a pretty sizeable Herpetology section. Although this was not a degree course, it was a diploma. : victory:

TBH I think if you were looking for a recognised qualification in herpetology you should be well passed the basic husbandry requirements by that point anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.