Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*****istrator
Joined
·
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was feeding night tonight and after feeding my corn i went to feed my girlfriends 3 month old royal python. Opened his tub up, no sign of him, took out the plants and his hide and the paper and nothing, no snakey anywhere in sight. :shock: PANIC

Girlfriends just gone out after getting him out while i was at the gym, dont want to phone her and panic her so i started looking in the nearest places around the vivs. Nothing and the room starts getting messy and i cant ask the landlady to help as she would freak, so i call the gf to tell her to turn around and come back, then i started pulling out more stuff, turn around to move on and glance back to see this head poking out of a bag. PHEW

I then hear the high heels of my girlfriend running down the road, so i shouted to her i found him, she comes running in almosty in tears. The little bugger was obviously traumatised by his experience as he waisted no time in striking for his food, then played with it all over the tub for 5 mins before eating it, little s**t.

Strange thing was when i got home the dog went upstairs and then started barking at nothing in the room, then came running back downstairs and wouldn't come in the room without me, he must have seen something, he could have said! :roll:

Ive accepted two things about keeping snakes. 1- im going to get bitten at some point. 2- Ones going to get out one day. I hope this is the only time no.2 ever happens as it aint no fun at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Glad you got it back!! :D
 

·
*****istrator
Joined
·
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, it was a very long scary 10 mins.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,027 Posts
Snakes r grreat said:
Cheers, it was a very long scary 10 mins.
10 minutes! people have lost snakes for months! Theres a rule if your unsure if your snake will escape through a hole or a viv then it will :D
 

·
*****istrator
Joined
·
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welshgaz said:
Snakes r grreat said:
Cheers, it was a very long scary 10 mins.
10 minutes! people have lost snakes for months! Theres a rule if your unsure if your snake will escape through a hole or a viv then it will :D
I know 10 mins isn't very long, but to for it to escape in the first place was bad enough! And we dont think it escaped through a hole, as they are far too small, so there is no doubt in my mind he can not get through them. We think my girlfriend didn't shut the tub up properly when she put him back. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,229 Posts
Haha, little buggers scare you when they disappear dont they?! Ive only lost one and he turned up outside - the dog dug him out of a plantpot!
Glad he turned up and was still nice and hungry :D
 

·
*****istrator
Joined
·
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PendleHog said:
Haha, little buggers scare you when they disappear dont they?! Ive only lost one and he turned up outside - the dog dug him out of a plantpot!
Glad he turned up and was still nice and hungry :D
Cheers. It certainly was a scare, even though it didn't last long luckily. My dog would be too much of a wimp to go digging them up. He wouldn't come back in the bedroom last night, until we all went to bed and he thought he was missing out. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,536 Posts
Nice one, I've been lucky with mine. Last one to escape was my 6 foot male boa, unbelievably he climbed my boy's bed, onto some high shelves and stayed at the end of it until we caught him.

God knows how long he stayed out of the viv, but we were very fortunate no cats were around and the risky encounter was avoided :D
 

·
*****istrator
Joined
·
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dexter said:
Nice one, I've been lucky with mine. Last one to escape was my 6 foot male boa, unbelievably he climbed my boy's bed, onto some high shelves and stayed at the end of it until we caught him.

God knows how long he stayed out of the viv, but we were very fortunate no cats were around and the risky encounter was avoided :D
I know what u mean Dexter, im not looking forward to him being fully grown and escaping with the parrots and dog in the house. He's only a little terrier. Glad u got urs without any incidents. :D
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top