Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the local pet show has just put up he's frozen rats so where can i get the cheaper in bulk????
ben

·
Massive Member
11,823 Posts
sorry this is just a rant but £4 for a bag of 5 pinkies in the shop at the end of my road. and they look all mis-shapen like they have thawed and re-frozen :cussing:

luckily i just ordered in bulk from honeybrook :2thumb:

·
Registered
965 Posts
sorry this is just a rant but £4 for a bag of 5 pinkies in the shop at the end of my road. and they look all mis-shapen like they have thawed and re-frozen :cussing:

luckily i just ordered in bulk from honeybrook :2thumb:
Thats worth a jail sentance.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i think its rediculous how much you have to pay for a dead frozen jumbo rat, my local pet store charges bloody £3.95 for 1 jumbo rat i think its just pure rippin lol

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
4£ for 5 pinkies in my eyes is fraud.I pay 36p for a pinkie so theres a bit of a difference .
I dont know how much pinkies are at my place. Fuzzies are 70p each (or 10 for £6.50... thats: "buy 9, get nearly one free!" - what a deal!)

Never actually bought pinkies: my corn and baby BRB have both been past that stage when I bought them!

·
Registered
259 Posts
The only pet shop nearish me to sell frozen rat weaners put their prices up from £1 each to £1.45, almost a 50% rise. And they didn't inform me I noticed when I bought 8 that it was more than I had paid last time. I will be ordering online when my supplies start to drop.

Do people think these guys are cheap?

Wild World Supplies > Frozen

Apparently they only charge £4.95 from what I can gather for delivery. They don't list the delivery costs but if you proceed to checkout it brings up a selection of methods and even if you change it to next day delivery before 1pm it says £4.95.

Does anyone order from these people, they also pack with dry ice, so defrost shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
the local pet show has just put up he's frozen rats so where can i get the cheaper in bulk????
ben
Hi all,

benji12345, Can you not buy them in bulk from the shop you use.
Prices have gone up anyway.

I find if you stay loyal to a shop when things become scarse they look after you for beign loyal.
It has happened to me, plus don't forget you get a cheeper price when you buy in bulk, than only buying 10 of this and that.

I also stick with one source because snakes will get used to the smell of what you feed them, I have done it in an emergency when my shop has not got in what I want I have gone elsewhere got some mice treated them as I would do to feed them and most of the snakes refused??.
If I was a shopkeeper I would look after my loyal coustomers first.

Through loyalty I pay 18 pence a pinky for 100 22p for fuzzies

slither61 :snake::snake::snake::snake:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts