Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a baby bull snake outside in the parking lot of my work. It is about 40 degrees outside and the snake was very lethargic. I put him in a box and moved him to my car so that he wouldn't get run over. The car was about the same temperature as the outside all day and he was covered under the seat so I am sure that he didn't get too much of a climate shock. When I got home I moved his box quickly to the garage so I could keep him inside but still not too warm. I am wanting to keep him but I don't want to shock him by bringing him into the house temperature right away. He is moving and actually tried to escape so I don't think he was fully in "hibernation mode", but I am wondering what I should do now... I know alot about snakes but I am not an expert so I need help. Oh! Btw, he is probably under a foot long so he is still a baby. I don't think he was a new hatchling but I know he is still young... also, I use the term "he" loosly because I don't know how to sex them yet. I will be looking that up. Thanks so much for all the help!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
If you want to keep him bring him inside and set up a vivarium for him as you normally would (hot end of around 80-85F, cool end in the 70s). He should be fine being brought in from the cold, if he is up and active he will probably be glad of the warmth and food on offer!

If he was actually brumating properly you wouldnt have found him out and about, so I wouldnt be too concerned about him not being cooled this year.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'd say he'll be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts