Registered
219 Posts
definately some sort of sand boa, it's non venomous

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Turkish sand boa

Tom
they have these in kos in greece just across the water from turkey and there a nightmare to catch going through the sand although one of the vipers they have on that island while herping i didnt really wanna meet as there huge and highly agressive i think its the same one viperkeeper has he calls the weasel il go dig the name out

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
yh there the ones if u go across to kos theres a huge inland lake and apparently there really abundant round the lake theres even signs up i only found a few skins. the only time ive really been bothered about a snake is while in cyprus we went to see some ruins and the gf came running back up from the toilets that were sort of built underground. when i walked over there was a huge skin now cyprus has montiperlliers so it shouldnt be anything out of the ordinary but then speaking to a local 10years ago someone brought over a water container and inside was a clutch of eggs that had hatched and they turned out to be one of the cobra family. as u can imagine as soon as he mentioned cobra i was out of there didnt fancy a confined space of an underground toilet with a cornered cobra so the gf got told to use the blokes loo's on the other side. its also worth noting that cyprus also has blackwidows or redback i cant recall from australian troops coming over to the military bases must of accidentially introduced them. so word of warning for future DONT PICK IT UP UNLESS U KNOW WHAT IT IS ITS NOT WORTH RISKING UR LIFE OVER. not having a go whats dones done but for future reference for anyone reading this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks all. Sand Boa it is. actually it was half buried in the sand under my wife's feet when we found it. should have guessed. still shouldn't have picked up I guess. live and learn.
coursefish

1 - 14 of 14 Posts