Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Most people will reccommend frontline... normally used on cats & dogs but works wonders with ur rep as well :wink:

Search frontline on the snake section there must be hundreds of posts on it

G

·
davebehave said:
or theres veg oil for a cheaper option, make sure u give the tank a good scrub :D
veg oil?? never heard of this one before...how you do it??
bath them in it lol or wipe on???
or deep fat fry??

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Wipe the oil in a thin layer over their scales; it cuts off the air supply to the mites, mites die and ker-ching!! Problem solved. Additionally vegetable, olive oil etc is far less likely to cause a reaction than mite medications so can be safely used around the eyes and mouth (if you can get the snake to stay stil long enough!)

·
Registered
290 Posts
isnt oil ment to cause big probs with shedding tho?

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
frontline worked for me but i also used it on the viv aswell most people will say that you need to use sumthin else on the viv but i tried frontline as i got a huge bottle from the vets as they didnt have any small ones and i havnt seen one since just remember you have to leave the snake out of the viv for 12 hours after treatin it hope it works :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I tried using Terra Rex but it failed and my red sided Garter died during the summer

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
whatever you choose make sure you treat the viv again a second time after a couple of weeks because the eggs will hatch and youll have mites again. :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.