Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt there is anything that I can do now but thought I would ask for some advice.

The story was that I lost a snake several months ago. I had given up hope on finding her but today she turned up in a new neighbours house! Well instead of asking around who owned it her bf threw it outside on the street :bash:
I only found out about it because she warned our other neighbour about the deadly snake that might kill his kids (a 14inch king snake!)

I started to hunt for it but it was about 20 minutes after she was chucked out.
It is an area that has a lot of bushes and heavy leaf litter at the bottom.
I have hunted and hunted and cant find any sign of her.

I currently have 4 bottle traps set up with heat pads on. Is there anything else that I could do?
I have half accepted that I wont get her back but trying to think of other ideas

·
Registered
145 Posts
sorry to hear that. i guess the best thing to do is maybe put some more traps. and maybe tell ur neighbours its yours so if they see it let you know ? i really hope you find it and its ok, all the best.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
What idiots!! Chances are it will seek somewhere warm, so it may go back in their house. I'd tell them its your snake and if they find it to make you aware!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry to hear that. i guess the best thing to do is maybe put some more traps. and maybe tell ur neighbours its yours so if they see it let you know ? i really hope you find it and its ok, all the best.
What idiots!! Chances are it will seek somewhere warm, so it may go back in their house. I'd tell them its your snake and if they find it to make you aware!
Yeah I am let everyone around know about her, she is bright black and white so cant really be confused for a native species...

I am hoping there is enough leaf litter for her to go under and there are heat pads out.

I am just so annoyed that I was so close to getting my girly back :censor:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I had the traps out all night and nothing :(

The gardener is going to look around all the houses today but I doubt I will find her.

:bash:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Keep your fingers crossed, at least it is warm weather at the moment... I lost my cornxrat over the freezing temperatures this winter - she was so small I gave up all hope of ever finding her, but she turned up 4 months later looking no worse for wear.

I know she wasn't outside, but she had been living under the floorboards, so I could easily never have found her...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts