Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about making a snake rack and i was not sure what tubs would be suitable to use for corns as in what dimensions they should be and is it oki to use osb (google if not sure) if i cover it in sticky backed adhesive vinyl sheets
to stoop the snake hurting its self on the wood chips
thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
It depends on the size of the corns. I would say 50L rubs would do a corn snake for most of their life.

As long as the wood is not pine or cedar then it should be fine.

Wood chips: do you mean the substrate?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't think I'd use a tub for a corn snake. Mine are quite active and use every bit of their 4' vivs. Are there any sized tubs where they'd have enough space to climb and could they be used somehow?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
is it oki to use osb (google if not sure) if i cover it in sticky backed adhesive vinyl sheets
to stoop the snake hurting its self on the wood chips
thanks
It's perfectly fine to use OSB. However, I wouldn't cover it with adhesive vinyl - as the surface of the wood isn't particularly smooth, you'll probably have a hard time getting the vinyl to stick properly. Assuming you're thinking of using a lidless rack, I personally wouldn't worry too much about the wood chips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.