Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can anyone advise me on where the best place to learn how to sex snakes is? Or even better is there anyone who would be willing to teach me? I have read the theory of popping and probing, but do not want to attempt either until I have had some proper instruction as I don't want to risk causing an injury.
Cheers

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Try a local reptile shop or maybe vet? Although vets may charge and the rep shops may charge you a small fee. : victory:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Put a can of 'Beer' at one end of the viv and a box of chocs at the other, then wait :2thumb:
good idea, but what if it turned out to be a lager bird?

Reactions: maxcherry

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Can anyone recommend a rep shop/vet worth trying near Methley (Leeds/Wakefield)?
Not sure sorry. Try ringing a few local vets and see if they have a reptile expert. : victory:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Try a local reptile shop or maybe vet? Although vets may charge and the rep shops may charge you a small fee. : victory:
reptile shops local to me say it is too dangerous to sex snakes until theyre atleast 3 years old

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
reptile shops local to me say it is too dangerous to sex snakes until theyre atleast 3 years old
well how do u think everyone knows the sex of their hatchlings?! GTPs are the only species i know of that cant be sexed for the first couple of years. I dare say there are others too, but i think the majority can be sexed straight away.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
well how do u think everyone knows the sex of their hatchlings?! GTPs are the only species i know of that cant be sexed for the first couple of years. I dare say there are others too, but i think the majority can be sexed straight away.
i agree
i can sex snakes when theyre older purely cuz i dont trust myself with hatchlings but i know of a few people that can do it and make it look so easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts