Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there is any snake shows or exhibitions in liverpool or nearby please.

i have been told to go to a few before i get my 1st snake.

thanks for your input.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hi

It will be interesting if someone has any info on this. I do not know of any. would be so good if there is.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'd be interested also to know if there are any in the northwest, even small ones! Doesn't seem to be much around here that I've heard of so far which is a shame :(

·
Registered
947 Posts
So it seems there are no shows, but surely there must be some kind of reptile group in the northwest somewhere that meets up regularly? Does anyone know of one? :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Start one for us :)
Haha damn it, walked right into that one! I'm terrible at organisation and very forgetful, maybe if someone more experienced would be willing to make themselves known and help organise one? Anyone? :) Or if there are enough of us wanting a group in the northwest we could collectively organise one...thats if there isn't already one out there we don't know about yet lol. Would be awesome to have some kind of group nearby though :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would start one myself but i am no good at this kind of thing, we would have to find somewere we can have meetings reguarly at minimum costs. and then get people to bring there snakes and maybe make small dfonations.

i can help people if someone would like to start one i would help naturally.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I take it you don't know about the North West Reptile Club based in West Lancashire. We have been going for a number of years and we have monthly meetings. We also do 15 shows a year to the general public which pulls in huge numbers.
If you are intrested in joining, then just tell me and then i'll pass you onto are chair person.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I take it you don't know about the North West Reptile Club based in West Lancashire. We have been going for a number of years and we have monthly meetings. We also do 15 shows a year to the general public which pulls in huge numbers.
If you are intrested in joining, then just tell me and then i'll pass you onto are chair person.
Shame Manchester is too far away (no transport!). If anyone know one nearer then I'd defo be up for it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
A few pics of the North West Reptile Club at the Southport country fair.

A few of us in the morning before the show

Mike with Bud, the Bosc monitor

At midday, hundreds of people in are tent, people where waiting close to 10 minutes just to get into the tent. Over the weekend, we had over 3,000 people in are tent.

·
Registered
947 Posts

If you have any more info on where the meetings are held that would be great, if its not too far by train I may be tempted! Although if not too far and theres enough interest from people in the liverpool area(which a lot of the people who have replied here so far seem to be from) maybe some kind of car pool arrangement? Guess that only works if someone has a car though lol.

i would start one myself but i am no good at this kind of thing, we would have to find somewere we can have meetings reguarly at minimum costs. and then get people to bring there snakes and maybe make small dfonations.

i can help people if someone would like to start one i would help naturally.
Well its always a possibility to look into using a room at the uni...I'm in the circus society and they use one of the halls for their meetings, but the hall is quite big so I could ask and enquire whether would be possible to share the hall with them. Obv would have to ok everything with the uni to, but just an idea to start off with :) Depends where in liverpool everyone is though as I know its not easy for everyone to travel(me included as I only have public transport tp rely on). I guess another option would be looking into a community centre/sports centre or something...don't know where a suitable one would be though. Although I guess if we could all get to the west lancs meetings mentioned above that would solve all our problems lol. Maybe if there is someone nice out there who has a car and would accept petrol monies in exchange for driving us?? I'd offer myself if I actually had a car, sadly my student budget isn't allowing that right now :lol2:

·
Registered
947 Posts
A few pics of the North West Reptile Club at the Southport country fair.

A few of us in the morning before the show

Mike with Bud, the Bosc monitor

At midday, hundreds of people in are tent, people where waiting close to 10 minutes just to get into the tent. Over the weekend, we had over 3,000 people in are tent.

That just looks awesome!! A tent full of reps is just the ultimate way to spend a day :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i too have got to reply on public transport.

if anyone would be interested in helping set up a group in liverpool let me know please and if people would bring there reptiles to show off that would be good too.

im going to enquire to a few places tomorrow but its just interest at the min if anything concrete happens ill let you all know

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
So it seems there are no shows, but surely there must be some kind of reptile group in the northwest somewhere that meets up regularly? Does anyone know of one? :)
Start one for us :)
I agree... :2thumb:
Haha damn it, walked right into that one! I'm terrible at organisation and very forgetful, maybe if someone more experienced would be willing to make themselves known and help organise one? Anyone? :) Or if there are enough of us wanting a group in the northwest we could collectively organise one...thats if there isn't already one out there we don't know about yet lol. Would be awesome to have some kind of group nearby though :D

i have been thinking about doing this for a while now. I have just resigned from work so could do with a project. I have looked into the bigger nationwide groups and as far as i know they dont have a merseyside section in any of them. :gasp:

if anybody is interested them drop me a PM and if there is enough interest i would be happy to sort it out.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
i too have got to reply on public transport.

if anyone would be interested in helping set up a group in liverpool let me know please and if people would bring there reptiles to show off that would be good too.

im going to enquire to a few places tomorrow but its just interest at the min if anything concrete happens ill let you all know
Its only the other side of the river :lol2:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts