Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need some advice.... I currently keep my royals on the dark brown bark chips (the moist one) and find this is ok for helping keep up humidity, however, I am getting some new gex tomorrow and saturday and hav just soaked and prepared eco earth for them....U no the stuff that looks like a brick, u soak in water and then it becomes like a soil substrate? Well my question is this....can it be used for snakes? Its more natural and is also moist but not so moist as to cause respiritory problems.
Please help!
Nat xx

·
Registered
401 Posts
Dunno sorry i just use newspaper for my snakes.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I personally wouldnt... too many little bits to get in their nostrils etc.... just seens a bit of a pain to me..

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I use it as the basis for all my tropical snakes (not actual eco earth but coconut husk).

You do panic a lot for a while as you constantly think you have mites but once you get used to that it's fine.

I have had no problems using it with healthy animals.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i use organic peat with my snakes, its doing them fine (and its economical) if you found that the humidity was too high... dry it out and make a "damp hide" with sphagnm moss.. its great stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts