Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new corn today. He has a bump on the top of his skull. I have heard of other snakes with this but I can't find any info online. Can anyone please tell me what causes this and its effect on the snake?

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Its not as clear cut as that.
it could be a ranage of reasons...photos would help but anything around the head region should always be treated as a serious problem...i would have her checked over by a reptile vet my self: victory:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to previous owner the snake is a couple of years old and has been fine to date, has always been like it. Its the top two scales between the eyes on the flat part of the skull - can't get a pic at the moment. There was a thread on here with a snake with an identical problem but can't find it. Rep vet visit is next week but wanted to research what it could be before we went :)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
just had my royal at vets tonight with bump on head. looks as if its a cyst or abscess so going in next week to get it operated on.

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
just had my royal at vets tonight with bump on head. looks as if its a cyst or abscess so going in next week to get it operated on.

whats going on with the lower jaw? looks deformed?...

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
whats going on with the lower jaw? looks deformed?...
Not really, the snake is resting the weight of it's head on that log, all of the weight is going on (it's) right lower jaw while (it's) left lower jaw is hanging normally.

Hence you might misinterpret it :)

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
I picked up a new corn today. He has a bump on the top of his skull. I have heard of other snakes with this but I can't find any info online. Can anyone please tell me what causes this and its effect on the snake?
As said on another forum, possibly an abscess or cyst or even a birth defect from its incubation.

Photos would help.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I posted elsewhere , can't find my thread though cos I;m a dunce!

It looks imilar to the royal however it goes all the way across.

Going to see vet next week, but its looking like a birth defect at the mo. Will update when I know for sure :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumpy has been to the vets, they have said its a birth defect but to keep an eye on it - any changes and he goes straight in for an Xray :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts