Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, you read that right.

Just popping in quickly to post this and get your feedback on it:

This is a charity raffle for four snakes and all proceeds go to The Rachel Riskin Fund. Rachel is a beautiful 3 year old girl who just a few weeks ago was diagnosed with Aggressive Brain and Spinal Cancer. According to the Doctors at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. where Rachel is currently a patient, only one in three children survive this type of cancer.

I have teamed up with Pete Kahl owner of Pete Kahl Reptiles who graciously donated a beautiful Albino Boa to this raffle.

http://www.riversidereptilebreeders.com/charity.html

Opinions?

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
shame its in the US or i would be donating. think its a great idea to get people to get their hands in their pockets. Plus I know its not a scam as I know someone who has been in touch with Peter Kahl and he says its legit.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO the jury's still out... I think it's great as far as humanitarian acts go, it's not the breeders that I'm dubious about, but it always worries me who will end up with these animals. Presumably after the draw they'll vet the prospective owners, make sure they aren't complete numpties!!

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
to be honest it is no different than anyone selling an animal of any type really. At the end of the day a nobhead can buy anything he or she wants as long as they have the money.

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
In all honesty i think it's a good gesture. But they shouldn't be using any animal let alone a snake as a "prize". IF someone decides they want a snake usually they look up information on the snake, to find out how to care for them.. But this.. someone will get one and i bet they wont even want it! or have any idea how to care for the poor bugger.

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
I think that the raffle is being aimed at the US reptile community I have seen it on some of the American boa forums so I dont think someone will stumble across it and think I will have a go at that cos I fancy a snake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts