Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Another great UK forum. If you've not seen these pictures of my past and previous collections yet, I hope to spark your interest in visiting Malaysia for herping and snakes.

My favourite boiga species, displacing the nigriceps - Jasper Cat Snake of Boiga jaspidae. Hope to breed this species successfully.

Some paradise tree snakes - one of three members of flying snakes found in Malaysia.

Twin-barred tree snake of chrysopelea pelias. The rarest member of the flying snakes.

My friend is working on this species - the rare green tree racer which should be classified as a subspecies of elaphe prasina since the ones in Malaysia look slightly different from Vietnam.

Used to be my favourite cat snake, these boiga nigriceps... until i saw the jaspers.

Some cave racers - O. Taeniura ridleyi.

Calliophis Intestinalis, or banded coral snake. Envenomation can cause fainting spells, but the only person I personally know who got bitten by it did not die, or go to the hospital.

Acrochordus javanicus - elephant trunk snake. The texture of the skin will make a great purse... and I'm not serious about it.

Elegant bronzeback, or dendrelaphis formosus.

Keeled rat snake - majestic creatures.

And been working with laticinctus. Successful hatching.

Tonnes of more photos and info to share, but I can't necessarily fit everything here, but you can view them at http://www.naturemalaysia.com/forum where I've been posting for the last few months, and still updating.

Warm regards
hans

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Some lovely pictures there, thanks for sharing :D I particularly like the keeled ratsnake, cracking snakes, I would love to own some

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Some stunning snakes there mate... very nice.. hope you are successful breeding them... :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Wow...Thank you for sharing those gorgeous pics! I love the Paradise Tree Snakes and the Elegant Bronzebacks...Gorgeous...I wish you every success in the future with breeding the Boigas, I really like them, would love to keep some myself :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Great pix mate, I'll just post a quick picture of my favourite malay snake just to complete your list :D

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Wonderful pics mate,among those,which ones are rear-fanged and dangerous for people?I believe Chrysopelea sp. are,am I wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most of the species above are rear-fanged, and you can identify which one by looking at www.naturemalaysia.com. I wouldn't call all rear-fangs necessarily 'dangerous'. Perhaps 'potentially dangerous' is the better word, as most of them lack the means to deliver venom in envenomating quantities, no matter how toxic. I don't know what the research is like on paradise venom toxicity, but I've bitten by this species thousands of times without much effects.

Regards
hans

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
cool pics i like the green tree racer :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts