Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right for anyone who knows about the cinema then they'll know Snakes on A Plane is being released on August 18th. The website for the film is http://www.snakesonaplane.com For anyone who cant be bothered to look at the site its basically snakes appearing on a plane and Samuel L Jackson saving the day. woo hoo :lol: :lol:

Well im going to go to the cinema and see it and see what snakes they use and how they portray them and then probably slate it for not being realistic but still like it for the cheese factor.. but is anyone else going to see it and what does everything think this will do to the snake community? Do people think it won't damage the community or give us a bad name?

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I'll probably see it for the same reasons as you, just so I can complain about it really!
I'm not sure if it will really damage the herping community, our image isn't that fantastic anyway, but it'll definately cause more hysteria over snakes in general.
I can't count how many people ask me if my snakes are venomous or if they'll bite, lots of people just assume all snakes are dangerous and this film wont do anything to help that.

Really want to see what snakes they've used for filming - I hope they've used venomous and not just boids, because the last thing we need is people thinking our royals or BCCs are deadly :roll:
Looks to be some interesting snakes in the trailer though!

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah i agree, will be a crap film (ie: anaconda) and every over protective parent in the world will be telling their kids how evil snakes are. Is it just me or is there NEVER anything positive said about snakes either in the press or in movies etc???

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yes I will go see it and then moan about how the snakes were portrayed, kind of like how I have to watch the snake buster, Steve Irwin and Austin Stevens dont get me going on about Austin he is sooooo OTT.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
maki said:
Yes I will go see it and then moan about how the snakes were portrayed, kind of like how I have to watch the snake buster, Steve Irwin and Austin Stevens dont get me going on about Austin he is sooooo OTT.
if you mean he is over the top yes he bloody well is :shock:

steve irwin i dont mind even though he is a crazy barstard and snake buster he seems okay.

but these moveis get on my nerves because it will show a snake as a see and kill creature instead of the attack at a last resort creature

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah the snakebuster seems genuine he says he saves snakes from ppl not ppl from snakes. Steve Irwin drives me mad every time a snake grips him its trying to constrict him to eat him bloody fool I wish one would.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I don't think the public perception of snakes is at a stage where it will give a more negative view because snakes already have a bad image. Then again the stupidity of people that attack actors for playing FICTIONAL soap characters believing them to be that person and people going mental and being afraid of swimming of Brighton Beach because OMG there's a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of being attacked by a great white shark...

There may still be morons out there yet to be converted to the anti-snake group. Very pathetic :lol:

I think there should be a movie made called "Splattered on the Drive!" Where people are just randomly run over by various vehicles on their drives or right outside their homes. At least the morons that have these stupid fears of a tiny risk from wild animals might stay locked up in their own homes where they belong :lol: Afterall, cars are one of the most dangerous things around...yet no one is bothered about them!

·
Registered
675 Posts
hahaha oh dear! I just watched the trailer!! *Can Attack without warning* mwahaha! *evil creatures of doom and we want to make everyone believe they want to kill everyone and everything in sight!* hahaha! I don't even think i'm going to go see it! the FX look rubbish!! oh dear oh dear! :lol:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
thorrshamri said:
The movie "Komodo" ain't that bad about monitors,even though their size is a bit exagerated.
i like that movie and i like anaconda but people need to realise this MOVIES ARE FICTION NOT REALITY!

·
Registered
760 Posts
i like godzilla.... i wanted a godzilla baby but i didnt get an iggy n go all nuclear on it... :shock:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Getting back to Steve Irwin fer a min.
How many here would just love to see him get tagged by one of those venos he keeps dangling around by the tail?
Me for one...
I say get rid of 'Stevo' from the box and force (if force is needed) Mark O'Shea into fiming more programmes

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Kevin said:
Getting back to Steve Irwin fer a min.
How many here would just love to see him get tagged by one of those venos he keeps dangling around by the tail?
Me for one...
I say get rid of 'Stevo' from the box and force (if force is needed) Mark O'Shea into fiming more programmes
steve irwin is fine but he has to go nuts because you cant exactly pick up a wild venos and be slow handed. h seems mean but he knows what he is doing or he would be long dead by now.

·
Registered
675 Posts
steve irwin makes me giggle! he's such a mentalist! It's good though because he explains how the snake is reacting and why, which I think makes people (especially kids) understand a bit better that they arent evil! The fact that he is so over the top puts kids on the edge, makes it exciting for them to watch! My little nephew loves watching him, and comes up taking a massive interest in mr happy and tells me what he's learnt!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve Irwin is ok.. its Austin Stevens I cant stand.. so cruel to the snakes.. just made me laugh when he was bitten... and then went back 2 days later after exactly the same snake :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Steve Irwin, is the best 8) He is very good with animals unlike austin stevens, that man is OTT, he was wrestling with that anaconda, you could tell it was so fake :roll: He is more of an intertainer than informative, he has been tagged by cobras etc, so has Mark o shea, i also hate that man, i have lost count of how many times his been bitten by hots. Barefoot bushman is good, i like him :) Jeff corwins scared of the reptiles, which makes me laugh :lol: But by far the best is Steve Irwin, he has never been tagged by HOTS yet he handles them, i saw him with that king brown, it take guts to do what he did and he appriciates them and any reptile :D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i think there gr8 a bit ott but i learn alot really steve earwin is a bit boring as i wached a show and all is was was then playing jokes on each outher but hay its gd tv at least
dan

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
AnthonyY said:
Steve Irwin, is the best 8) He is very good with animals unlike austin stevens, that man is OTT, he was wrestling with that anaconda, you could tell it was so fake :roll: He is more of an intertainer than informative, he has been tagged by cobras etc, so has Mark o shea, i also hate that man, i have lost count of how many times his been bitten by hots. Barefoot bushman is good, i like him :) Jeff corwins scared of the reptiles, which makes me laugh :lol: But by far the best is Steve Irwin, he has never been tagged by HOTS yet he handles them, i saw him with that king brown, it take guts to do what he did and he appriciates them and any reptile :D
why dont you like mark o'shea?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts