Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got given a snake the other day and when i got it home i noticed its skin was falling off.
i went straight to the vets and there was no one there to help.
So when i got home i used some cellotape and taped the snake up so the skin would not fall off.
can anyone give me some help.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
are you serious or what,,,dont know if im being daft here but snakes shed there skin,,,sellotape?let the old skin fall off.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
:lol: :lol: Pleeeeease say you're joking or some kind of craaazy troll :lol: :lol:

OK just incase youre serious (though surely not?!) snakes shed their skin.. this is normal and its how your snake grows. This is completely normal and you should allow it to occur unimpeded.
If you actually put sellotape on him then thats some serious cruelty issue :roll:

If you did.. let your snake soak in warm water and very slowly and carefully remove the sticky tape.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
:shock: :lol: :lol: this has to be a wind up??? if its not take your snake to a vet, then take it to a rehoming centre, you obviously have no clue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know they shed their skins, but it is not a shed.

but the skin is falling off and need to do something.

the only way the skin is staying on is by the celotape.

like i said i took it to the vets but no one there.

what else can i do.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
just incase tou are actually beign serious

selotape can REALLY damage a snakes skin.... be VERY careful removing it and use warm water like pendle said !

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Just a thought but if you know that little,what type of snake is it,how have you got it housed,does it have heat..you could be harming the snake if you dont know what your doing.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
If this is an actual injury whereby the new skin has come away from the body you should NOT be putting sellotape on it.
Perhaps a photo will clarify things? Or at least a coherent explaination of what has actually happened?

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
are u sure this is for real im sorry if u are but come on why did you get a snake if you dont even know the basics if you have infact taped the poor snake up give it a bath and let the selotape fall off itself please whatever you do dont pull it off yourself if it dusnt come off then i suggest you get it to a vet asap as this will be classed as cruelty again if it is for real and you really dont know anything about snakes the give it up there is an awful lot of rescue centres that will take it and give it a well deserved home. I really hope this is some kind of sick joke

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know how to look after reptiles.

i took this on because i could see there was some thing wrong.

when i got it home i could see that the skin was starting to come of.

it is actually masking tape i am using, if i take it off the skin will just fall off

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
EXPLAIN what is wrong with the snake. Is there blood? Does it have some kind of scale rot? What does the skin that is coming off look like? Without details no one will be able to help you Im afraid.

You should NOT have put masking tape on it no matter what its condition, you will only make it worse in the long run. How were you proposing to eventually remove the tape without ripping the snakes skin off?

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
dont take the maskin tape off please if you know about snakes then u should know never put an abrasive on a snakes skin oh my god get that snake to a vets

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
snake said:
I know how to look after reptiles.

i took this on because i could see there was some thing wrong.

when i got it home i could see that the skin was starting to come of.

it is actually masking tape i am using, if i take it off the skin will just fall off
if you know about reptiles,then why put tape on the snake and why can't you explain the real problem...i am starting to doubt if you know reptiles at all.please seek help if this is true,for the sake of the snake.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
where are you from please let us know and sumone can come and collect the snake and give it proper attention

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the scales are falling away from the body.
i have place a little tape so it is stopping the skin ripping from the body.
it is funny how alot of people assumes that i am hurting the animal when no one has seen it.
i am asking for advice, not for people to take the piss.
i am asking for advice, i am not a vet

1 - 20 of 75 Posts