Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went to my viv this morning to check up on Basill, couldn't see him at first, not under his normal firsth thing in the morning hide.

Checked the other hide, nope not there either, Hmmm one wonders where is he?

Checked under the water dish, just in case, you never know!! But NO! not there either...

It was then that the cold feeling began to come over me, the little bugger has escaped and i'ce only had him a week.......

Just as i was about to announce to the whoe house to be on the lookout for a cute if not very sneaky snakie, when the substrate moved.....

The little bugger had dug himslef under the substrate, now in all the postings i have made leading up to getting Basill, nobody mentioned that they tunnel.

Is this normal for a corn or have i bought a nutter?

Slapshot

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Oh yes very normal! They will hide anywhere except where you want them too! When my Amel was younger he burrowed all the time getting behind the back wall, hiding under the water dish (which was huge, no idea how he lifeted that up!)...

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
most of my snakes do it lol At least you noticed before you started tearing the room apart looking for it!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I sometime look in the vivs for my corns and you can see a head popping out the substrate its quite funny when you see them. :lol:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
i keep mine on kitchen roll in there tubs and your like wait were are they and theyve managed to get under there water bowls :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Had a bout of "empty viv syndrome" the other week with my milksnake.
Couldn't see him anywhere but he does hide under the hemp substrate so I wasn't too bothered - until I had a proper look and he wasn't there :shock:

Then a couple of minutes later I remembered that I'd installed a shelf in his viv a couple of weeks before :roll: and there he was, watching me and probably wondering why I was frantically throwing his substrate all over the place!

·
Registered
176 Posts
ahah yeh my boa does this all the time..and hes only a hatchling so hes not the biggest snake in the world lol

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Even when i'm not admiring them. I still check for them, just incase they do manage to find a way out Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts