Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd literally just changed his water (I try to do it every couple of days as he drinks from it occasionally) and he jumped in it, then climbed out, then proceeded to drink! Got eco earth everywhere, including in his new fresh water!

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
He's looking great :2thumb: How are getting on with these care wise?

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's looking great :2thumb: How are getting on with these care wise?
Thanks hun!

Well, after some trialling, millions of questions, and thanks to Herve (Thorrshammri) and Graham (Master of Darkness) I now have him setup a treat.

He has a light on which brings an ambient of about 76F and a hot spot of about 80F (no hotter) and his appetite improved immensely, he gained weight, and filled out a little, sprayed everyday, fresh water every two days, and food every 2-3 days. He is active, and now drinks from a gentle spray near his nose, he has settled with me, but still won't tolerate handling without hissing and flying across the room (last time I tried a few months back) and rather than stress him just because I want to hold him, I'd rather him be happy. I spend ages just watching him.

I am currently designing his new final viv, as he is nearly mature now, and hitting on for around 11", so pretty much requiring a taller viv. There are some differing opinions on this, as they are not hugely active, and they are stalk hunters, they don't go running around like mad things, they wait for the bug to get near, then attack. He does go wandering though, so I'm taking this into account.

Jac :) x

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Thanks for the info :2thumb: This is the thing with non handling. I really don't mind just watching. I have plenty that are ok with handling so the ones that aren't, I leave alone.

Must be fascinating to watch him even if he doesn't do much lol

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Glad snoopy is settling in well, and thanks for the all the information, books are one thing, but first hand experience counts for so much and it is always interesting to read. x

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info :2thumb: This is the thing with non handling. I really don't mind just watching. I have plenty that are ok with handling so the ones that aren't, I leave alone.

Must be fascinating to watch him even if he doesn't do much lol
No me either, and I feel I would alter his character a little if I forced him. Plus, have you seen how big his mouth is?! I really wouldn't want my finger to end up in there, it's bigger than a tokay!

Stunning Henkeli Jac :mf_dribble: I'll have to pop round and see him at some point... he is quite a looker :)
You're always welcome dude, he is pretty darned awesome :flrt:

Glad snoopy is settling in well, and thanks for the all the information, books are one thing, but first hand experience counts for so much and it is always interesting to read. x
I have Master of Darkness and Thorrshammri to thank for that. Both have been amazing, I have read books and checked out the internerd, but experiencing it is something so amazing. I still have to make sure I remember, he needs spraying more often than the cresties sometimes, but he doesn't shout at me if I forget one morning. He ALWAYS has fresh water in a large bowl availble. I'm actually confident now with him. It's a great achievement for me. x

wow jac he is a stunner x
Thanks hon, he is growing well. Still needs to fill out slightly, and probably got another few grams to gain, but he is healthy enough and seems happy in himself as far as I can make out :)

wow! he is lovely! Now I really want one! haha : victory:
Aye, I told you :p Get on the list and we can collect together! :flrt:

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Aye, I told you :p Get on the list and we can collect together! :flrt:
I think Will has had enough of me going to the shop, every time I am there theres always another thing he has to add me to a list for, I pretty much want one of everything! haha

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Will has had enough of me going to the shop, every time I am there theres always another thing he has to add me to a list for, I pretty much want one of everything! haha
Nowt wrong with that! : victory: Forteh will have to have me on a short leash when we go there :blush:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts