Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again guys, so after my undeciding about whether to get a corn or hognose i decided to go and have a look and see what caught my eye.
There was a few really nice corns and hognoses but this little fella stood out from them all. I knew when i saw the little guy that he was what i was looking for. He has all his eating and shedding records from birth and is really nice to handle. The mrs even held him (need to bring her round to hold the royal lol)
he was sold to me as a snow ghost corn, could someone with a bit more knowlage than me please let me know if that is correct. these pics dont do him any justice.
Well hope you enjoy the pics :) (sorry about the quality as i took them with my iphone)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Heres one of my Royal for good mesure :)

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Lovely! That's either a snow or possibly an opal....no such thing as a snow ghost as snow is anery amel, and ghost is hypo anery, however you can get such a thing as a hypo snow so that could be what they meant :)
Are his saddles pink or pale orange? If they're pink then snow/hypo snow, if orange then he does look to me like he could be an opal (lavender amel).

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
OK, well firstly there is no such thing is a "snow ghost". Snow is made up of amel and anery, ghost is made up of hypo and anery. If all 3 genes are present in the homozygous form in your snake, it would make it a coral snow. (common term for hypo snow). However the lighting in your photos makes it hard to say I'm afraid. It is definately homozygous amel from one of the eye pictures, but otherwise it could be a pale amel or a pink snow. Coral snows are often very pink.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lovely! That's either a snow or possibly an opal....no such thing as a snow ghost as snow is anery amel, and ghost is hypo anery, however you can get such a thing as a hypo snow so that could be what they meant :)
Are his saddles pink or pale orange? If they're pink then snow/hypo snow, if orange then he does look to me like he could be an opal (lavender amel).
They are pink, the pink on him is like a nice strawberry milkshake pink (looks dark in pics). So he could be a hypo snow, thanks for clearing that up as id never heard of a snow ghost. Guess time will tell a bit better on the morph, i aint too fussed i think he is stunning either way :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, well firstly there is no such thing is a "snow ghost". Snow is made up of amel and anery, ghost is made up of hypo and anery. If all 3 genes are present in the homozygous form in your snake, it would make it a coral snow. (common term for hypo snow). However the lighting in your photos makes it hard to say I'm afraid. It is definately homozygous amel from one of the eye pictures, but otherwise it could be a pale amel or a pink snow. Coral snows are often very pink.
Thanks, ill try and get some better pics up soon as i took these with my phone so not the greatest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts