Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm so excited i have recently bought a Avicularia purpurea sling from DandyDi and am awaiting its arrival and am really excited and cant wait to see it!!

Anyone else keep these and what are they like??

Cheers
Vicky

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You wont be disappointed :)

I have a juvenile that is just showing adult colour now. Gorgeous. I also have 2 slings that eat anything I give them. Like most Avics, they can be skittish and are fast but none of mine have ever been defensive apart from 1 amazonica and 1 versi but that was during rehousing lol.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really looking forward to it!
They look so pretty!:flrt:

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Purps are loverly :D! I got 2 lil spiderlings and they're fab.

Kept a bit different to other Avics though... they gotta be kept dry but humid, they don't like the wet... :)

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Purps are loverly :D! I got 2 lil spiderlings and they're fab.

Kept a bit different to other Avics though... they gotta be kept dry but humid, they don't like the wet... :)
So spraying but keep the substrate pretty damp would be ok?
I'm still ok for the orange beasty from you when the p.order arrives??:2thumb:

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
No you want the substrate to be dry! Not wet. Gently mist the sides once a week.. don't keep the tub wet. Make sure its really well ventilated.

Yeah course, waitin on the postal order :)

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No you want the substrate to be dry! Not wet. Gently mist the sides once a week.. don't keep the tub wet. Make sure its really well ventilated.

Yeah course, waitin on the postal order :)
I meant dry thats why i said mist but keep substrate...DRY...i knew what i meant..i'm sleepy. lol hard day at work and another hour to go!!:bash:

Yey for the orange thing! Hehe well i couldnt get the p/o wed so other half is geting it tomorrow as he is supposed to be getting me these for my bday anyway. lol:lol2:

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
aww yay purps are gorgeous! I had a sling about 10yrs ago, sadly it never made it :(
Would love to get another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts