Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to accomodate my 3ft empty viv.

I was thinking about a rescue, but tbh, i feel i want more experience in a wider range of reps before i start rescuing things i've not kept before.

I've so far kept: beardies, water dragons, leo, cresti and corn.

I'm happy to get something that may outgrow the 3ft viv eventually and upgrade to a bigger tank.

Hopefully i should be visiting the local rep store on thur for inspiration. But between now and thur i still need something for my brain to do :lol2:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they both look tiny though O_O

I wouldn't mind something with a bit of meat to it, something tough and something challenging

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't tokay's require height as opposed to length?

I would love one one day though! Their temperament fascinates me! Hmmm.... Would a young one be happy in a 34inch long x 17inch wide x 17inch high?

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well...seemings as you said you wont mind upgrading to a bigger viv :O Blue tongued skinks? xD they're meaty :D
I have looked into these and they look awesome! Ever since i got into reptiles they've been on my wish list. But they appear a little difficult to get hold of, not seen many around.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
don't tokay's require height as opposed to length?

I would love one one day though! Their temperament fascinates me! Hmmm.... Would a young one be happy in a 34inch long x 17inch wide x 17inch high?
Hmmm not really tbh, but, you could tip the viv on its side and use a door lock to secure the viv doors, you won't be the first and won't be the last to do this, it acctually works ok as long as you secure the glass doors with the viv locks and you would get 2 in there at a push. they are a challenge though but i would suggest getting CB, CF or LTC where ever possible.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I have looked into these and they look awesome! Ever since i got into reptiles they've been on my wish list. But they appear a little difficult to get hold of, not seen many around.
i can get you two of these, and adult and a young en, unsure of sex though i'd have to check with the guy who has them.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i can get you two of these, and adult and a young en, unsure of sex though i'd have to check with the guy who has them.
Dont tear me in 2! I've only got one viv! lol :bash:

If the person with the skinks can hold on, i'll have to go do some more research and see which i prefer, tokay or skink :hmm:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Dont tear me in 2! I've only got one viv! lol :bash:

If the person with the skinks can hold on, i'll have to go do some more research and see which i prefer, tokay or skink :hmm:
Tip it on its side and get a Tokay, they rock lol.
i think he wants about 100 Quid for the juvie BTS and about 140 for the adult.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cant actually find actual sizes for viv's for Tokay's. I don't do gallons and thats all care sheets talk about.

Will the 3ft tank on it's side be ok for all a tokay's life? what measurements am i looking at for long term?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I cant actually find actual sizes for viv's for Tokay's. I don't do gallons and thats all care sheets talk about.

Will the 3ft tank on it's side be ok for all a tokay's life? what measurements am i looking at for long term?
Yes it is mate, tokays will need a minimum of 2ft high x 2ft wide but that is the very bare minimum for 1, i keep trio's in 3ft high by 2ft-2.5ft wide x 18" deep. so yours would house 1 easy.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome! :2thumb:

All i need now is some money to come through and i can go get some decor! Already got heatmat and thermostat.

Is the rule with mealworms the same as beardies? Or are they like leo's and can take them regularly?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Awesome! :2thumb:

All i need now is some money to come through and i can go get some decor! Already got heatmat and thermostat.

Is the rule with mealworms the same as beardies? Or are they like leo's and can take them regularly?
they can eat them but usually won't tbh, they prefer black crix, roaches etc, they don't usually eat locust much as bright coloured insects are dangerous in their natural environment so they're usually cautious with them, black crix are the way forward tbh, all mine eat em with no complaints, they have took the odd mealie but not very often and they like to chase their food.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey! Thaks guys for helping me choose! Could be a few weeks before i get sorted with something, but i'll be sure to post pics as soon as i get it!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Hey! Thaks guys for helping me choose! Could be a few weeks before i get sorted with something, but i'll be sure to post pics as soon as i get it!
you going for a Tokay then?
Try to get CB, CF or LTC if you can. WC tend to be a little more scatty than others and take a little longer to settle in and realise your not a threat, but they are deffinatly a challenge and such an awesome gecko with brilliant colours and markings.
click the Tokay fanatics link in my Signature for some pics.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've never been a fan of WC tbh so i tend to avoid it whenever possible. I know what CB stands for.... but what does CF and LTC stand for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts