Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to express my dissapointment in the trixie hides. How can they sell these as suitable reptile housing? There are many sharp edges upon which they can hurt themselves AND last night, after looking them over and putting the one in with the least amount of sharp edges, My leopard gecko became trapped and we had to destroy the hide to free her. These hides are not safe! They may be suitable for fish but not for reptiles.

I was so Upset when I could not find her in her tub, I thought she had pushed the lid off somehow and crawled out. Fallen and been had by our dogs. It was only by my misery and stubborness i took the hide out and noticed its weight was different. I loojed in through one of the tiny pin holes and was elated to see her tail in there and horrified to find she could not move!

I now have 1 destroyed hide and 3 I cannot use due to their unsuitability for any animal in my home. I am not asking for a refund or to return them. I have simply requested they be withdrawn from the reptile section of the vendors site before someone elses reptile meets a more grizzly fate then mine!

Poor traumatised little Tokimi was scared to come out of her old hide to be handled this morning so i could check her over, There was no way in H**l she would have let me touch her last nigh. Thankfully she is not hurt, just a little scared, but she'll come round.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a very speedy response form the seller offering a return and refund.... But will not take them from teh site as her own leos have never had a problem....HOw many more have to get stuck and possably die when people think they have escaped? :cussing:

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
What kind of hide did you get as ive looked at them and noticed that they are some piece of wood ones and some cave ones?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

are the two i bought.. she got trapped inside the top one... in the cast itself! I guess she dug in through the packing i put in there but it looked undesturbed when i hauled it out looking for her :(

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
oh dear thats not good
im glad you got her out in time though
we dont use those for our leos we tend to use bark and flower pot things a few fake plants and thats it

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol I'm back to using the supersafe exoterra hides now... even our snakes have them never again will i stray :(

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
I would write to the manufacturer and let them know, and perhaps they will consider improving the design - but if it's a manufacturing/design flaw then you might as well go straight to the source.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already on the hunt for them but it appears that they are not contactable online and i cant find a site or anythiing :(

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
From TRIXIE - Aus Freude am Tier website:

Here you can get information about all TRIXIE items from TRIXIE purchase department. Please e-mail [email protected]. For further helpful suggestions and tips please contact TRIXIE customer service under [email protected].
If there are any reasons for complaint, please contact your local authorised dealer. TRIXIE as a wholesale dealer exclusively supplies retailers and therefore can not handle your reclamations directly.
Thank you for your understanding.
Beside this you can contact us by phone:
0049 - 4638 - 21 09-500

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I use a hamster hide for my male leo, and one of those small rock exoterra ones for my smaller female.
To be honest, although they might not suit the decor of the viv so much, the hamster homes are great!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
simple hides are the best thing really :)

though i do have a magnetic one tht comes in too peices and you stick one side with the cave in one side and the other on the out side, its really cool.

i also have a small pot hide which is really simple, just an ordinary one.
best thing to do is if 2 or 3 of your fingers cant get out of holes in the hide or from a particular part of the hide, dont buy it, it will save you alot of hastle.

:rotfl::roll2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts