Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and graham travelled there, got amazing lost, and got soaked!!!

I have used their site for mail orders, but had never been there before.

Anyway, so who has been there? It seemed very empty? but maybe this was

beaucse it was a sunday?

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
not too far from me! Did they have a good invert section??

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
many spiders tho? roughly?

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think 2/3 invert vivs.
i woudl say about 20 vivs at most. (all vivs..)
day geckos, leos, tegue, ackie, sudan plated, some snakes, err
a rough green snake, a couple of frogs, i think that was it.
many spiders tho? roughly?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Im sure they could order in anything you wanted that they didnt have?
our local shop has less than 20 vivs of livestock lol

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, well im used to jap koi!!
which i love, but it takes AGES to get there :(
Im sure they could order in anything you wanted that they didnt have?
our local shop has less than 20 vivs of livestock lol

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Jap koi is awesome!

well worth the 32 mile round trip i have to make to get there!!

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
to be honest they had hardly anything, compared to what they have on their site :(
That is because there's a separate section housing lot's of reptiles that isn't open to the public. I think it might be their reserve or mail order section, which is probably where the majority of their business comes from. I have to say they were very helpful when it came to advice on housing Cresties.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahh that might explain it!!
i went to see their cresties, and leos, and i have to admit i did see a stunning leo.. but not much, compared to the site..
lots of wood bark etc etc though.
That is because there's a separate section housing lot's of reptiles that isn't open to the public. I think it might be their reserve or mail order section, which is probably where the majority of their business comes from. I have to say they were very helpful when it came to advice on housing Cresties.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
ahh that might explain it!!
i went to see their cresties, and leos, and i have to admit i did see a stunning leo.. but not much, compared to the site..
lots of wood bark etc etc though.
But I see that as a good thing. If the equipments on show more then the reptiles themselves then I reckon they've got their priorities right when it comes to their husbandry. Apparently they'd gotten Cresties in about two or three weeks back and they went out just as quickly. So as far as the Cresties are concerned you really need to get your foot in the door before the next batch arrive. It's the same story I've had with a couple of reptile shops.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i see, i dont need them :) i breed them, but i wanted a nose! lol
i guess we got what we went for, crickets and so on, its just i thought, *silly me* that what was on their site, woudl be on show :)
But I see that as a good thing. If the equipments on show more then the reptiles themselves then I reckon they've got their priorities right when it comes to their husbandry. Apparently they'd gotten Cresties in about two or three weeks back and they went out just as quickly. So as far as the Cresties are concerned you really need to get your foot in the door before the next batch arrive. It's the same story I've had with a couple of reptile shops.

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
They are currently revamping it all aren't they? Well, they were last time I went. Got loads more vivs and things... but cut down the fishy section :(

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aaaaa i seeeeeeeeee..
they have 2 tanks, with soe clown fish in :)
They are currently revamping it all aren't they? Well, they were last time I went. Got loads more vivs and things... but cut down the fishy section :(

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
i see, i dont need them :) i breed them, but i wanted a nose! lol
i guess we got what we went for, crickets and so on, its just i thought, *silly me* that what was on their site, woudl be on show :)

And some of us press our little noses up against the windows, sigh, and then get told off for scaring the live stock. :lol2: I've only ever seen one really decent display type reptile shop in my travels and that was in Camden. I haven't even seen a Cresty in real life, what a sad life I lead.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts