Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some cretin has been telling tales to my Hub at work.

The've just let on that beardies poo really stinks.

Can't see it being too much of a problem - his bum is hardly perfumed!!!

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
beardie pooh is disguting, honestly, if mine do one while im out i can spell it as soon as i step through the front door on my return. I had to move the older 2 out of the living room due to the smell and this was from a viv that was cleaned out as soon as pooh was spotted.

·
Registered
250 Posts
its the worst part of the pet lol! i have to follow mine with a tissue when i let him out parents go mad if it craps on the carpet lol!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Christ.... Victor Meldrew is gonna go wild.

He get's really grumpy when the Parrot poos everywhere!!!

Still don't think it will be as smelly as his bum tho'. Ha Ha

And the dog does a mean fart aswell...............

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
bd poo f*cking stinks,theres no other way to put it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Propbably the only major downside of a beardie, but its worth it just to occasisionally have a little bit of suffering :lol:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
its very very grim! mine leaves me one a day :( and they keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger, soon they wont fit in the scoop and ill have to use a shovel!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so what does everyone do with their unwanted smelly excrement ?(beardies that is)

Planning on keeping the beardies in the boys bedroom - the loo is just next door. Can I just Flush?

Or is it best to shove it in a scented nappy sack (like I do with the dogs)
and pop it in the outside bin?

OMG - I swear you can sometimes see the bin men heave when they shift that particluar bin bag on a Monday morning !!!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
i sometimes flush the poo but you do tend to get abit of sand rest at the bottom of the loo but a brush sends it on its way, if i have small bags i tend to use them and seal them, then deposit them in the bin!

·
Registered
391 Posts
WEll my Oscar is not stupid. He wont do it in his viv ...........mmmmm wonder y?? He does it on the carpet and we pick it up ( with kitchen towel ) and put it down loo!! yes it duz hum!! :lol:

HE has left "presents" on every carpet in the house :lol: but i must admit it dont smell as much when its in a big room. But in the viv - wow!!! you gotta leave the doors open. He wont go back until its smells good. Like all men :wink:

Plus its much easier to clean up on the carpet of floor with kitchen towel, wet ones and a bit of spray ( what ever is ok on ur carpet) kitchen floor we just disinfect!! :lol: oh yh we also wipe his bum afterwards ..........dont want it all round the house!!!

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
i use baby wipes to clean up the pooh. one to pickup with and another to wipe the floor. not tried wiping their bums yet :lol:

·
Registered
391 Posts
oh god yh!!! i dont want him leaving little bits behind. He dont like it mind when i try n wipe him, but its a hard life!!!! Plus i can make sure there is nothing left or caught on his bottom. :)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
BD poo is worse too, when you feed a lot of cabbage...

or sprouts..

my god, beardie sprout farts are minging... gaggable..

i too got shot of the BD's in the end, kept to the agamas.. which are livlier.. smaller, eat less, smell less and take up less room!!

power to agamids!

N

·
Registered
391 Posts
oh! i thought cabbage and sprouts didnt smell as much if they werent cooked!! unless you fed your bd cooked veggies. :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts