Reptile Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thank you.. SO do I :thumb:

Found this one doing some creative basking this morning.. Always in weird positions when going through shed cycle!

[URL="http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/A-T-B/Boiga%20C/IMG_03531.jpg"]image[/URL]
[URL="http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/A-T-B/Boiga%20C/IMG_03501.jpg"]image[/URL]

And my favourite part of Boiga cynodon's..
[URL="http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/A-T-B/Boiga%20C/IMG_0195.jpg"]image[/URL]

Tom
Again as before some stunning snakes you have in your collection and the basking behaviours are very strange.

NonStop Reptiles

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
4th to 12th September we will be in SE Kalimantan
Sleeping rough doing an animal survey in pristine jungle
Why not join us??
Will see some awesome herps??

3 trips next year similar places in Sumatra Papua and Central Kalimantan
Thank you for the offer!!
Flight prices are and have always been the only thing stopping me!

Will keep in contact mate :thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Again as before some stunning snakes you have in your collection and the basking behaviours are very strange.

NonStop Reptiles

Thank you, it only seems to happen when they are in shed and found basking in the day.
I suspect it is because they are kinda blind at this time and are trying so hard to get all the heat they can get, that they zone out at night. So when the lights come on in the morning (there are no windows in the room so goes from dark to light instantly) they get startled and rush to the darkest, warmest corner they can find.
He has moved and is basking more normally now :thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Great photos - and again Longgi pulls one out the bag - hah ha... Very curious patterning on the 'chain-link' Boiga... A visit is on my top 5 to do list... Most likely next year. STARK - you should join me on it as I've already contacted Longgi before and you should start setting dough aside from now for it I reckon.

( I'm still bias though towards the 'normal' patterning of the melonata though - hee hee hee!): victory:

Had to have a cuddle after a dryish slough ( my fault !!!) - so, a soak and a stroke to rid the few stuck pieces and a way of getting it not so bitey... what a wonderful couple of hours... LOL

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Very interesting John! Will have to discuss this with you a little more at some point.

Fed the babies and changed some vivs around the last couple of days..

Eaten straight from the tongs;

Makes me a proud father (although the true father is the one above..) :thumb:

Tom

Reactions: JoeJ

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Interesting wild one near Ubud Bali
Very pretty. Looks like it could be an B. d. occidentalis, but most likely a dendrophila.. SO much variation!
Check out this female I got very recently. Extremely high yellow and extra yellow around the head. The bands begin to get quite distorted before the tail too.

Love the variation in them :thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Stop showing off now :Na_Na_Na_Na: Nothing to see here everyone move on . Black and yellow, black yellow . Argghhhhh stop that song :devil:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Stop showing off now :Na_Na_Na_Na: Nothing to see here everyone move on . Black and yellow, black yellow . Argghhhhh stop that song :devil:
Haha! You know you love it! Even with my one leg that tune gets me going these days!
Luckily for you I dropped my camera card reader earlier and broke it, so cant post any more pics for a while :( Just when the rest of the babies are starting to emerge...

Tom

21 - 31 of 31 Posts