Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Female Fantasy Horned Frog (Ceratophrys cranwelli x C cornuta Hybrid).

Normal green phase of Ceratophrys cranwelli.

Peppermint morph of Ceratophrys cranwelli.

Lime morph of Ceratophrys Cranwelli.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Oh my goodness they are gorgeous colours and i love your Peppermint frog :flrt: and the white things on some is that the Spring tails? Dont know anything about frogs :blush:

Reactions: REPTILEDAN88

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Aw the Apricots are well pretty :flrt:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
oooooooooh they're all beautiful! :flrt: They have to be my favorite frogs out there... I still have no idea how i've managed to just have one of them :blush:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Are the apricots known as Apricot Albinos? I was looking at one today but he seemed very light in colour do they darken with age?

I must admit I'm very tempted to have one.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Really lovely looking frogs you have. :)
I got my first pacman in August this year and he's lovely. I'd love another at some point.
I saw the peppermint morph in the flesh at the recent Kempton show and I've literally been kicking myself ever since for not buying one. I love the apricots and that little lime morph to.
Do they hold their colour as they age?

Sent from my U8180 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
some fantastic looking frogs there, do you mind me asking where you buy them from?. just we have 3 and are looking to add to our collection
I got the Normal green cranwelli, the albino cranwelli, peppermint one and my lime one from my friends shop Reptile Haven in Dublin. The Fantasy from another friend, shes my dustbin Frog:lol2: and the 3 Apricots from another friend, I traded one for the normal green cranwelli as I gotthem at a good price and my friend who owns Reptile Haven Ben gave me the Peppermint for taking pic'd for the Reptile Haven Facebook page :2thumb: .
I am getting a big Cranwelli on Friday too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah some hold alot of their colour with age and keep them on bright substrate than just coco brick and they will be brighter too I might use UV too with them as a friends ones were brighter when he used it too.
All mine are fairly small 2.5" and only the Fantasy is bigger but shes bright enough and hopefully they will get brighter and if not at least not go too dark.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Yeah some hold alot of their colour with age and keep them on bright substrate than just coco brick and they will be brighter too I might use UV too with them as a friends ones were brighter when he used it too.
All mine are fairly small 2.5" and only the Fantasy is bigger but shes bright enough and hopefully they will get brighter and if not at least not go too dark.
Can you give an example of a 'brighter' substrate to use please?
I have Gilbert on a mix of coco brick and moss.
Gilbert
:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you give an example of a 'brighter' substrate to use please?
I have Gilbert on a mix of coco brick and moss.
Gilbert
image :)

I tend to use orchid bark and coco brick mix and add like a sphagnum moss blanket to 2/3's of the substrate and they bury themselves into it then showing only eyes and will jump up at food like trap door spiders. I use the Lucky Reptile Sphagnum moss at the moment but theres a few brands that sell other moss types and colours, looks nicer than just moist brown soil then : victory:.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Awesome new addition and love Gilbert!!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I tend to use orchid bark and coco brick mix and add like a sphagnum moss blanket to 2/3's of the substrate and they bury themselves into it then showing only eyes and will jump up at food like trap door spiders. I use the Lucky Reptile Sphagnum moss at the moment but theres a few brands that sell other moss types and colours, looks nicer than just moist brown soil then : victory:.
Ok thanks :)
I have the coco brick substrate with some forrest moss at the moment. I didn't know you could use orchid bark as they seem clumsy eaters and I'd be worried about possible ingestion?
Does this set up look ok?...its Gilberts current residence
:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts