Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I love Water Dragons, and was browsing WD vids on You Tube when I came across this one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but something here just doesn't look right to me. Or am I getting my panties in a twist over nothing? I mean, I know in the wild they have to kill their own food, but isn't that mouse a little big for that size Dragon???? It's smaller than my two WD's and they are on Fuzzies! Look at his veins working while trying to consume his food. Is this normal??

This guy has that poor Water Dragon there, in what seemed quite a small viv, for his own fun and amusement - makes me sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBf_shFzVDg

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS - On a nicer note, Karl I saw your vids of Zhen .... sooooooo cuteeeeeeeee :smile: :love: :smile:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
why do people do it???:(

wasn't the last one done by yanks!!!!!! (the beardie):-x :-x

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
i feel sorry for the mouse...there is no need to feed live to lizards...

you'd be suprised what a lizard can get in their mouth! my male yemens would quite happily eat a mouse that big. not that they would get one! think it might be a bit too big...but they do eat rat pups...

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I also felt more sorry for the mouse and also putting the dragon in danger of being bitten. I think that water dragon could have probably managed that mouse easy, it was probably just the guy with the camera putting him off eating.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He was taunting the dragon with the mouse before he let him have it! I also felt for the mouse, but I just couldn't believe what I was seeing! I hope next time he tries that, the mouse bites him, then when he tries taunting the dragon, he gets bitten again, where it hurts. Sicko!

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
:rant2:I hate it ... why do the yanks feed live all the time !
I mean there no need what so ever ... fare enough if it is a non feeder but i doubt that !

I personall don't think the mouse was to big, i always go by the width of the head and the mouse was roughly the same/under the size... so is ok.

This video is worse :blahblah:
YouTube - Tegu Eating a Hamster=

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seen quite a few nasty ones, so so sad! What makes people proud of such an act of cruelty to both animals?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i can't watch stuff like that. i saw 2 seconds of that beardie one and turned it off. couldn't sleep that night, i was getting well angry. felt so sorry for beardie :( :-x

·
Registered
61 Posts
poor Hamster there no need for that and its horrible watching the tugu struggling to get the poor thing down:-x ! Things like that shouldnt be allowd its just cruel!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
water dragon

I agree with you all & as for that one with the hamster, how could any normal human being who supposedly loves their reptiles allow that to go on, i realise all reps have to eat, but surely this is cruelty, i mean, that hamster was biting that tegus muzzle really badly, what bloody morons they are, these people shouldn`t be allowed to keep animals at ALL.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
PS - On a nicer note, Karl I saw your vids of Zhen .... sooooooo cuteeeeeeeee :smile: :love: :smile:

HaHa he is a little cutie :D

Im not really against live feedin but that mouse does look a little big.
And not only that why put ur pet at risk ive seen them pics with the snake,
No mouse is gettin my zhen
:roll2:

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Can I just say that not all Americans feed live prey?

Responsible American reptile keepers - like responsible British reptile keepers - tend to feed their pets frozen/thawed or prekilled vertebrate prey unless the animal won't take otherwise.

However, there's a LOT more reptile keepers in the States, and with the ability to collect quite a few different species over there legally (not to mention the cheap prices), you can bet that there are unfortunate numbers of IRRESPONSIBLE keepers who don't feed the safest way possible for their pets... and because over there there isn't a law against feeding live 'for show' we get things like the YouTube videos.

Heck, if I were really willing to risk one of my reptiles I could toss in a live mouse and video what happened... but I'm a responsible keeper (American born and bred, living in the UK) ... so I won't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts