Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some people! :@

2K views 55 replies 19 participants last post by  EquineArcher 
#1 ·
Anyone else find people just get snakes for the sake of it?

Some lady bought 2 king snakes and after a couple months couldn't care for them any more because of "work constraints". I couldn't turn them away and plus she didn't ask for money, just for me to take them off her hands.

Luckily, I had space for them, but it pisses me off how people can be so irresponsible!

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

#11 ·
Snakes are a display pet....they are supposed to be just for show. They don't have a desire to be handled, they could care less as long as their food/heat/tank are taken care of.

Not saying I dont handle my reptiles and that I dont love them, just thrre is nothing wrong with having them for display as long as care is met.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's better to give your pet (any pet) to someone who is capable of giving it the right care than to keep it and neglect it.

That is very different of course to people like serial movers, or who give out animals as Christmas/birthday gifts to people who don't know a damn thing about the animal they are getting.

#22 ·
i know exactly what the op is trying to say here.

its like someone saying to me 'i have a pet snake' and me sounding interested and asking what kind, how old, male or female what kind of set up does that need? and them replying with 'eh... it's a snake?'

#26 ·
I get what he's saying too but he just got two snakes for free from a woman who was responsible enough to rehome them with someone who knew what they were doing...

Then comes on here and complains about her!

Lots of people take in snakes, sell snakes and rehome them for a variety of reasons and it seems on here that there is the need to slate people for it all the time... I just don't get it!

#29 ·
oh i got that part too, guess we just saw both sides and decided to comment on the opposites.

i got a cross corn/king for nothing cos the guy was 'scared' of it, i just didn't moan cos well, i got a free snake :lol2:

#33 ·
hey. if someone has any albino motley jungles to give away because they dont have time for them, im willing to travel ;-).

i mean I understand your intentions of this post was good but snakes dont care where or who they are with as long as they have heat water and food. Atleast she could admit that she doesnt want them anymore. A lot of people just stop caring for them until they are ill.

#34 ·
hey. if someone has any albino motley jungles to give away because they dont have time for them, im willing to travel ;-).

i mean I understand your intentions of this post was good but snakes dont care where or who they are with as long as they have heat water and food. Atleast she could admit that she doesnt want them anymore. A lot of people just stop caring for them until they are ill.
Thats all I wanted to to be....

#38 ·
dont mean to sound rude but why didnt you kick off big time and flame this woman????.......oh i know why you wanted to get your hands on her snakes for FREE,then have the audacity to winge on here about it you ungratefull sod lol,cant believe you made a thread about it tbh,but hey......i bet you never said boo too her n ran with the snakes as fast as you could,i feel more stressed to complained about her on here after she did the right thing and rehome them to someone responsable,hey thats my opinion though

#47 · (Edited)
I get the OP's point. You should actually care about the animal itself and not just want it simply because it looks nice. We re-homed a rat snake who really doesn't like to be handled so we don't unless we need to clean him out so effectively he is a 'show snake'. However, I would still do literally anything for him and will look after him for the rest of his life as I would with my other 4.

Snakes live a long time. If you can't guarantee that if your circumstances changed that you would still be able to care for it, then you shouldn't get it in the first place. Same with all animals.

#48 ·
I get the OP's point. You should actually care about the animal itself and not just want it simply because it looks nice.

Snakes live a long time. If you can't guarantee that if your circumstances changed that you would still be able to care for it, then you shouldn't get it in the first place. Same with all animals.
Absolute tosh... Unless you have a crystal ball how can you predict what may happen? Youcould lose your job, have a debilitating accident if even become terminally ill... Forget paying the mortgage or putting food on the table for the kids got to keep and look after Sid the snake first!!!

I think it's fair to say most people would sell the pet and support there family first.

#49 ·
i said i would never rehome or sell any of my snakes - i had 7 at that time and now have 3 - my circumstances changed on a dramatic level due to no fault of my own and something had to give - i was naive in my belief but said it will all good intention - ssss hach aye tee happens but if you were so bothered by this woman then you shouldn't have taken her snakes

#51 ·
thats the same when I go on out secondhand site here in belg and SO many animals with "I cant take care of her/him anymore" and some of them a maybe only 3months old it is just annoying :bash:

#54 ·
I have no qualms about people losing interest in their snakes if they send them my way :whistling2:

Better give them to someone who cares rather than neglecting them :)

I think it is rather responsible to make the decision that you can no longer meet the requirements of the reptile and actually do something about it rather than just leaving it and think 'oh it will be OK' or hoping if thye ignore the problem it will just go away on it's own.

However I do agree that some people do not think before they buy in the first place which of course is irresponsible :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.