Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
avoid handling when he is in pre-shedding time. he is nervous and blind then. avoid handling when he is hungry. Your finger is his prey. avoid handling when the temps is cold. He is in bad mood. avoid handling when he is hissing. He is in bad mood. avoid handling when the temps is too hot. He is in bad mood. avoid approching your hand slowly to him. Your hand is monster size to him and he thinks it's an enemy. Touch him quickly

hope this helps its the best i can do:no1:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot about that and i didnt mean in out just not really sloww
sory peple:lol2:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
avoid handling when he is in pre-shedding time. he is nervous and blind then. avoid handling when he is hungry. Your finger is his prey. avoid handling when the temps is cold. He is in bad mood. avoid handling when he is hissing. He is in bad mood. avoid handling when the temps is too hot. He is in bad mood. avoid approching your hand slowly to him. Your hand is monster size to him and he thinks it's an enemy. Touch him quickly

thats pretty much never then! a definate way to never get bitten :no1:

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
the only way to avoid getting bitten is to not keep snakes

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts

If temps are too hot/cold it doesn't mean a bite is any more/less likely IMO. If the animal is cold then it's less likely to want to do anything at all. Some snakes (e.g burmese pythons) hiss while in the viv but are fine once out, you can't ignore them because of this.

Also i disagree with the last bit too. All I'll say is be deliberate in your actions don't mince about.

·
Registered
990 Posts
But you need to get bitten to know why you don't want to get bitten. The best snake to learn why not to get bitten is an Anaconda.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
thats pretty much never then! a definate way to never get bitten :no1:
That's what I was thinking when I read it!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
not that silly its a thread from a young member trying to be helpful.

thankyou

he trying to help n learn he only just 13.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts