Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There really must be something in the water as all my snakes have had major growth spurts.. and Ive triple checked the measurements and before anyone asks Im not measuring the sloughed skin.. been using the Snakemeasurer.

Anyway... one of my corns was 2ft 3 last month.. and is 2ft 7 this month. My female speckled king was 3ft 10 last month and is now 4ft 3.. and the biggest of all is my big cali king. He was 2ft 9 last month and is now 3ft 4.. :shock: Anyone else having their snakes grow really quickly?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ive had my royal 3 weeks and he's grown so much in that time, dont weigh or measure though. Should I just use kitchen scales to weigh?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I dont measure lengths, just weights, and my little royal( the one that peed on you :lol: ) has grown an awful lot since I got her. She was a teeny tiny 57g last month, she now weighs 100g, she has noticebly grown in girth and length, and Im sooooo chuffed with her progress :D :lol: :lol:

Also, Raven my mexi black has had a massive growth spurt. I havent weighed her because she wont sit still for long enough but you can just tell...she had only just been put upto fuzzies when I got her, shes now eating 2-3 rat pups a sitting, and is very chunky :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll let you know in a few months about my blues....I expect them to grow like weeds, if my Taiwan was anything to go by!!!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the argos kitch scales.. the digi ones... i just measure them for breeding size as my length guessing is awful :lol:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
*goes and weighs cat*

ok, royals 6/7 months old and 120 pound.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont know pounds .. i weigh in grams :lol: :lol: My 6 month male royal was 175 grams a month ago... and my female whos 3 months old is 85 grams.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
oops i meant grams and i meant my snake not my cat, i dont have a cat :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
lol i was gona say a 120lb royal...

er..thast like 8stone 8lbs... i guess a huge 20 foot whatever would weigh that wouldnt it??

·
Registered
49 Posts
My snakes also grew alot these last couple of months.
One of my cali kings grew 13cm (0.42 feet) and my Mexican Black King grew 12cm in the last two months.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My baby corns are growing like that too, swear they are double what they were a month ago. My leucies seem to be doing the same thing too, didn't seem to be doing much of anything, then all of sudden.... Whoooosh, they're off... Don't have actual measurements, but guestimate by the length of the tanks they are in and they go quite a bit further around the frame than what did few weeks back...
Steve

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
my 4 month royal has gon from 102 grams to 152 grams and ive only had her for 1 month. she was a little bit under waight when i git her

1 - 12 of 12 Posts