Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right ive upgraded to this, got it today, not even used it and ive been told several different things. the main thing im hearing is bad reviews on it breaking quite often. Though on the phone to the guy at the returns department, he said its not a phone they personally get back often and that you tend to find people will write bad reviews n not good reviews, so a lot of good reviews dont get seen..... i realise this could all be speel to get me to keep the hand set but after the shit i was told by the jerk i spoke to before him he seemed really really genuine

so can people please tell me of their personal experiences with it..... love the phone and the spec for what i want it for, camera and texts thats it, not bothered about anything else but i dont want to have a phone that spends more time in repairs than with me. i still have 7 days to make my mind up on whether i want to keep it or not

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have one, well am onto my 2nd. My first one broke by my own fault (kinda lobbed it in a moment of anger). Not had any issues with it at all.

I think its a great phone. The camera is superb, its very easy to use. Isnt too bulky. Big screen. GPS, WIFI, etc.

The only fault i have with it is its music player. Its not the greatest. But thats what ipods are for! :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'm one of these people with a bad experience :whistling2:

I upgraded to the C905 a few months back, and I've had the same fault occur twice, which was that the internal speaker used for receiving calls broke and so I could only have a conversation using the loudspeaker. Got the first one replaced with a new handset and the second one fixed.

Apparently, this was only a problem with the 2008 handsets, so you may be okay ;)

Apart from these faults, it's a brilliant phone!
Got everything you need, easy to use & the camera is awesome :D

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one, well am onto my 2nd. My first one broke by my own fault (kinda lobbed it in a moment of anger). Not had any issues with it at all.

I think its a great phone. The camera is superb, its very easy to use. Isnt too bulky. Big screen. GPS, WIFI, etc.

The only fault i have with it is its music player. Its not the greatest. But thats what ipods are for! :)
how long have you had it for? cos from what ive read a lot brake around 5 weeks of havin um!

I'm one of these people with a bad experience :whistling2:

I upgraded to the C905 a few months back, and I've had the same fault occur twice, which was that the internal speaker used for receiving calls broke and so I could only have a conversation using the loudspeaker. Got the first one replaced with a new handset and the second one fixed.

Apparently, this was only a problem with the 2008 handsets, so you may be okay ;)

Apart from these faults, it's a brilliant phone!
Got everything you need, easy to use & the camera is awesome :D

if you got yours a few months back wouldnt yours be 2009? i hope you are right!

·
Registered
688 Posts
if you got yours a few months back wouldnt yours be 2009? i hope you are right!
Well, the first handset I got in December 2008, then got it replaced in Feb, then got that one fixed in June.

Either they had some from the 08 batch left in Feb, or they were just bulls**tting their way out of it! :roll:

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the first handset I got in December 2008, then got it replaced in Feb, then got that one fixed in June.

Either they had some from the 08 batch left in Feb, or they were just bulls**tting their way out of it! :roll:
actually that could be right, yours could still be an 08 model, i hope! will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Is this the sliding one? I think this is the one i got now with the 8gb memory card??

I HATE mine...but **touch wood** mine is yet to properly break but i just think it feels a bit cheap. The sliding mechanism isnt as sturdy as i was expecting, my buttons seem to be making a clicking sound and dont feel as fresh as they once did, battery life is poor.

My speaker did start to play up but a firm bang on a table (i was already short on patience at this point) seemed to have fixed it...for now.

Have to admit camera is great and it is easy to use but i wouldnt be happy if i was stuck with it for much longer, thankfully i can upgrade in a few months :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
how long have you had it for? cos from what ive read a lot brake around 5 weeks of havin um!
I have heard there are issues with the speaker, my brother works for t-mobile and said that is a common complaint he gets. I had my first one for well over a year now. I got it as soon as it came out. Other than my own stupidity it was fine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
3 replacements so far :) but that was kind of good because it means ive had loads of free sat nav, had 3 free months free trials yeah!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts