Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading everyone’s post of their snake and tape, i was wondering if my snake will be safe in its viv because i have a few sticky tape in it.

i have double sided holding the heat mat down to the viv floor so the snake cant go under it. also i have masking tape on the probe of the thermostat stuck down on top of the heat mat so it wont move. and finally i think the worst one is that the probe wire, it goes down the side of the viv because it goes through the wire mess at the top. i used masking tape to secure it to place.

i cant move the way the probe goes in to the tank, by drilling a hole in the side of the tank like how the heat mat wire goes in because the probe heat is bigger than the wire and their will be a gap!

do you think that it is safe for my corn snake with 3 set of tapes in the viv. and do you have any suggestions what i can do to make it safer?

thanks for any suggestions :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Is your Viv a plastic or wooden one? I have a plastic Viv and use cable ties to hold my wires in place. I've drilled two holes either side of the wire, a couple of mm wider than the wire itself, and then fed tje cable tie up and over the wire, securing it under the viv itself. I suppose this could also work in a wooden viv?

I don't know if this would work for your setup, but might be worth a thought.

For the stat probe, you could always drill a hole big enough to allow the probe to be fed through, and then once you have inserted it, fill the remainder of the hole with non-toxic silicone sealent. This should prevent any snake escapes.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Take all the tape out. Seriously. I had a piece holding a crack in my vivs plastic lid and a small corn managed to catch on it. Sadly she died a month later. Possibly of shock.

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
u could try making the hole where the heat mat wire goes through big enuff to allow probe to go through then put heat mat wire back, this will limit it to one hole n both wires will fit through

as for tape a little on base of heat mat, to hold in place wont be a problem as long as theres no edges up so snake can get under them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh my viv is wooden, i will do that then, drill a hole big enough so both wires can go through. but still 1 problem what should i go about holding the probe to the heat mat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts