Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
received some spiders (Chaco Gold knees) through the post but due to very poor packing one is injured. Quite alot of blood loss seen on the kitchen towel.

Its the joint between the metatarsus and tarsus. she wont walk on the leg so im thinking super glue or some flour. The blood flow seems to have stopped.

this will sound daft but with super glue at least it solid and if she cleans it it wont go in her mouth but flour will..

should i just do the flour or go for glue?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. My Metallica got his leg stuck once and just pulled it off. It was still kicking for a while after too! She's out and about now so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Leg injuries are usually repairable, and if not as Craig say's it'll drop it and re-generate a new one over the next couple of moults.

It's injuries and trauma to the abdomen that tends to be the killer.
-P

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
If it's just a leg thats injured I wouldn't worry about it much. If it is bothering the spider it will probably just drop the leg. If the haemolymph has stopped leaking then it shouldn't have any problems from now on.

I'm with craig on this, also if it has stopped bleeding then there is little or no need for use of superglue or flour at this stage ;) good luck.... it's a right pisher when there not properly packed an get damaged :(

Reactions: lucozade3000

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was looking in the classifieds spider section today and just read a trader feedback which was 90% wondered if it was the same person ???
Because i was thinking of buying some slings but the feedback put me off .

Buzz.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts